NEC and Sify Form Strategic Partnership
NEC Corporation, a provider of 3G infrastructure and handsets, Internet, broadband network and enterprise business solutions, and Sify Limited, have partnered to jointly promote thin client computing in India.
The collaboration will enable thin client computing in India with NEC to supply virtual PC centers (”VPCCs”) to Sify, utilize them to provide thin client systems for customers for enabling the spread of VPCC services for companies in India.
As Indian companies consider alternatives for commercial PCs, NEC and Sify will promote thin client computing as an outsourced service. Thin client computing will enable a security environment to conduct business. Sify will promote installation of VPCCs in Internet caf s and customer call centers.
The partnership aims at installation of 100,000 client terminal units and 6,000 server units within the first three years of business in India. NEC India Pvt. Ltd will promote a concept of VPCC thin computing along with Sify to deliver services.
Kazuhiko Kobayashi, Executive Vice-President, NEC Corp, says, “With more mobile innovations in the ICT industry, NEC believes that businesses and economies worldwide are evolving from a PC-based computing model to a network-centric computing model.”
“India was the fastest growing IT market in the Asia Pacific region in 2006, IDC surveys show.”, adds Raju Vegasna, Chairman&CEO, Sify Limited.
The IT adoption wave is forecast to continue in 2007, among small & medium-sized businesses, as well as in consumer homes.
- Demystifying AI And Analytics With Sameer Dhanrajani
- Starbucks Brews Up Digital Transformation With Microsoft Azure
- Rubique Appoints Ex-Snapdeal CFO Anup Vikal On Board
- TCS Bets On Business 4.0 To Propel Digital Revenues
- Flipkart, ASUS Announce Long-Term Partnership For India Market
- Investment to Implementation – Cutting the Long Journey Short
- Embracing Opportunities And Challenges Of Digital Transformation
- Adarsh Credit Goes Paperless With Adobe
- Google Eyes Indian Enterprises With Its Cloud Partnership Program
- Gartner: Top 10 Strategic Tech Trends For 2018