NEC unveils biometrics excellence center in India
NEC India is officially launching its first "NEC Biometrics Excellence Center" (N-BEC) in Bangalore, India. The excellence center will provide world class engineering competency to cater to the company’s global chain engaged in development, deployment and support of identity solutions for the international market. This center is also aimed at accelerating the expansion of NEC’s global multimodal identification solutions and integrated security solutions business, including its renowned automated fingerprint identification solutions and face recognition solutions.
Commenting on the occasion, Koji Oda, MD, NEC India said, "The public safety market in India has huge potential and the setting up of this Biometric centre, is indicative of our commitment to the India market. We foresee greater adoption of biometric solutions in India, particularly in civic amenities and various social schemes."
"The setup of this NEC Biometrics Excellence Center is to showcase NEC’s capabilities in the biometrics field, and by capitalizing on all our resources and engineering, geographic and technological expertise in this area, we will be able to strengthen our core competencies and bring our biometrics technologies to greater heights," commented Mr. Takaya Kobayashi, General Manager, Government and Public Global Solutions Division, NEC Corporation.
The centre will initially employ around 50 people and will ramp-up its operations to meet the market demands in future. NEC will capitalize on its central competencies in engineering, geographic and technological expertise to drive the development of N-BEC.
"Setup of this NEC Biometrics Excellence Center enables us to play an important role in reforming identity lifecycle and bringing about reforms at every level from education, land records, hospitals to being a part of social schemes rolled out by the Government," said, Kris Ranganath, CTO, Government and Public Global Solutions Division, NEC Corporation.
- Altaf Halde Steps Down; Kaspersky Lab Appoints New GM
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Facebook India MD Umang Bedi Resigns
- AMD Plans Expansion In India, To Hire 500 Engineers: Report
- How AI Is Fueling Customer Experience Strategies
- How Option3 Is Creating a Winning Strategy For Its Startup Biz
- Keysight Gears Up For 5G, High-Speed Datacenters In India