Nestle Cuts Cost; Deploys Telepresence
Nestle , a leading global nutrition, health and wellness company, will use next-generation high-end video conferencing services.
Nestle has presence in more than 80 countires and 265,000 employees. Further to improving international meeting efficiency, the company expects the new system will help the company reduce travel costs and improve productivity through improved collaboration between geographically dispersed teams.
The solution, which will initially connect Nestle’s global hubs, uses high-definition video and multi-dimensional sound to offer a high quality videoconferencing experience. The system gives users the feeling of being in the same room as the other participants, whether those participants happen to be on the other side of town or the other side of the world.
Nestle has signed on BT to connect its global offices.
Under the terms of the agreement, BT will deliver to Nestle a fully-managed video conferencing service comprised of Cisco TelePresence technology running on BT s global Multi Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) network. The deal also includes complete on-going support using BT s Video Business Unit (VBU) Concierge service.
Olivier Campenon, president BT, EMEA said, This latest project with Nestl is a further proof of the strong relationship we have built over the years, connecting the company s operations in far flung places around the world.
- 2.5 Lakh Indian Gram Panchayats To Be Digitally Connected
- Airtel Says It Achieved 81% Reduction In CO2 Emissions
- MobiKwik Partners Samsung Pay For 'One-Tap' Payment Solutions
- Cloud, Emerging Verticals Driving Growth For Infor
- New App Launched To Know Everything About GST
- New Code To Enable Robots Understand Body Language
- Is India’s IT Infrastructure Ready For GST?
- 5G To Go Mainstream By 2020; Asia Leads The Way
- Businesses Are Seeing Real Benefits In IoT Adoption: Study
- Nokia, Xiaomi Announce Multi-Year Patent And Equipment Deal