NetApp Banks on Ethernet Storage, Cloud Computing
The storage company, which registered a 20% growth in
According to Rajesh Janey, president, India & SAARC, of NetApp, storage is one sector that has not been impacted by recession and will continue to grow in
As per IDC report, the storage industry in
Janey identified storage efficiency, cloud computing, storage virtualization, 10G Ethernet storage as the growth-driving areas.
"Our Ethernet-based storage systems, through their unified, multiprotocol architecture, have delivered consolidation and unification to our customers for over a dozen years. We have been a leader supporting Ethernet storage, first as a NAS pioneer and then as an early proponent of iSCSI. Thousands of our customers have deployed Ethernet storage that simplifies data management, protects investments, and reduces total cost of ownership," he said.
On the cloud computing front, whether a company should build or expand its own data center, or whether it should access computing resources remotely, over the Internet, Janey said, "People are already using lots of cloud/outsourced computing today for things like blogging and web training, but I expect it to move up-market over time."
NetApp has a development centre and QA facilities in
"Tata Communications has been one of our big customers for cloud computing while Plano Studios is a major customers in the media space," Janey said, adding the company sees telecom, government, BFSI and manufacturing verticals to play an active role in the storage space in
- Tips To Transform Your Business With Cloud Migration
- Google Eyes Indian Enterprises With Its Cloud Partnership Program
- Ozonetel Brings AI-Driven Contact Centers; Unveils Roadmap
- Fog Computing Market To Cross USD 700 Mn By 2024
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- Datamato Bets On AI, IoT; Focuses On Newer Markets
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- Insider Threats and Its Impact On Data Security
- 6 Jobs Artificial Intelligence Is Replacing Soon