NetApp, Data Domain Deal Inches Closer
Winning a bidding war with arch rivals EMC, NetApp today said their revised offer of $30 per share has been accepted by the Data Domain board. The total value of the transaction is expected to be around $1.9 billion.
We are pleased with the revised terms of NetApp s acquisition offer and feel it will provide great value to our shareholders and customers, said Frank Slootman, president and CEO of Data Domain.
The deal is anticipated to close in 60-110 days subject to customary closing conditions including regulatory approval.
NetApp first announced its definitive agreement to acquire Data Domain on May 20, 2009.
- Big Data Revenues To Reach $260 Bn in 2022: IDC
- What Can Blockchain Do For Data Privacy?
- Cloud Environments Are Maturing, Yet Growing Complex
- IBM, Fortinet Team Up On Cyber Threat Data sharing
- Tech Is The Future of Employee Onboarding, Says Study
- Digital Security At The Heart Of Business Strategy
- How Big Data Is Changing The Media Industry
- Creating Smarter Cities With Smart Technologies
- How Big Data Analytics Is Changing The Face Of Recruitment
- Is Your Data Hackproof?