NetApp Introduces Search And Recovery Tool
Network Appliance, Inc. has unveiled the SnapSearch and Recovery software - a product to help IT staff, legal teams, and end users to efficiently restore files from online backup.
The product features a user-friendly and familiar Web-search interface and performs instant restores of individual files or folders, helping customers meet IT SLAs and satisfy the increasingly stringent requirements of legal discovery and regulatory compliance.
SnapSearch and Recovery software is integrated with the Information Server 1200 platform, which NetApp OEMs from Kazeon, a leader in unstructured information management and the suite of NetApp Snapshot technologies including SnapVaultsoftware.
File recovery is simplified as its advanced search elminates the need to know the exact location or file name. It allows customers to instantly search and recover backup data distributed across data centers and remote offices, from a central location, even displaying identical and unique files.
The built-in data classification and migration capabilities allow NetApp administrators to enhance their SnapVault backup and SnapMirror data-replication operating environments by reducing the number of files on primary storage that are regularly backed up and replicated by classifying and migrating files onto secondary storage.
“NetApp is focused on bringing customers solutions that reduce the complexity and cost of comprehensive enterprise data protection. Today we are providing customers with improved visibility and rapid data recovery,” said Patrick Rogers, VP - products & partners, Network Appliance.
- NetApp Appoints Senior Execs To Strengthen India Business
- Cloud Computing Boosts Hybrid Cloud Adoption: Study
- What's In Store For Data Management In 2017
- IT Disaster Management Plan Crucial For All Businesses
- Poor Hiring Costs IT Firms Three Times More During Cyber Data Loss Instances
- Netapp On Board For Varanasi's Smart City Plans
- Secured Storage Key For Video Surveillance Growth: NetApp
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOtoday
- 8 Guidelines For Effective Disaster Recovery Plan
- Kaspersky Reaches Out To CIOs In Pune