NetApp launches mid-range storage systems
NetApp recently updated its FAS midrange storage systems with the introduction of the FAS3220 and FAS3250. According to the company, the new storage products are optimized for both mission-critical SAN and NAS environments and provide support for high-speed, low-latency flash and non-disruptive operations. Moreover, its extra computing capacity can boost performance by up to 80 percent over existing midrange systems, claims NetApp, thereby offering enterprises an intelligent and agile data infrastructure.
“Most enterprises, despite uncertain economic conditions, continue to aggressively invest in technology leaders that can drive agility cost savings into their IT infrastructure,” said Brendon Howe, VP-Product and Solutions Marketing, NetApp. He added that the midrange FAS storage systems run v8.1.2 of NetApp’s OnTAP OS, and can be configured with 3TB hard drives so that it can store up to 2.1 petabytes of data in one single rack.
The FAS3200 series is a flexible platform that can be tailored for virtualized, private cloud or traditional environments, requiring only a few terabytes of storage to over 2PB in a single system. When clustered, a FAS infrastructure can scale performance and capacity across 24 storage nodes. This architecture provides significant performance and capacity scale while delivering non-disruptive operations by enabling transparent upgrades, system replacements, and performance balancing.
“The growth and management of data continue to present a challenge for IT. Midsized businesses and enterprises are looking for the building blocks that will create a flexible infrastructure that can scale, perform, and deliver results to meet that challenge,” said Brian Babineau, Vice President, Research and Analyst Services, Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG). He added that the new offering is therefore ideal for organizations looking to create a strong technology platform for business growth.
- Nissan Motor Appoints Anthony Thomas As Global CIO
- Content Strategy Strongly Impacts IT Sales
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- How Option3 Is Creating a Winning Strategy For Its Startup Biz
- How To Combat Online Harassment At The Workplace
- 6 Jobs Artificial Intelligence Is Replacing Soon
- Oracle's Thomas Kurian Outlines Future Of Enterprise Cloud
- Outsourcing To India Is A Suitable Option For Another 3 Decades: Study
- Enterprises See Gap In IoT-ERP Integration: Study
- Apple-Backed Group To Buy Toshiba Chip Biz For USD 18 Bn