NetApp Led India NAS Market in 2008
IDC’s Asia/Pacific External Disk Storage Tracker, June 2009 release has revealed that NetApp was the leader in the Indian (Network Attached Storage) NAS market with a share of 45.5 percent in terms of factory revenue in CY (Calender Year) 2008 (January-December 2008).
The report also states that NetApp was one of the leading players in the India Ethernet Storage (iSCSI SAN) market with 29.7 percent share in terms of factory revenue during the same period.
With more and more companies trying to reduce their IT budgets and yet keep their businesses agile, Ethernet Storage (iSCSI SAN) has emerged as one of the sought after solutions. Additionally significant advances in Ethernet technology like 10 Gigabit and FCoE driven by key storage networking players have made this a promising option. It offers the speed and reliability of Fibre Channel at the cost of Ethernet.
The IDC’s report also revealed that the overall India External Disk Storage market for CY 2008 recorded a growth of 21.1 percent over CY 2007 in terms of factory revenue. The India Ethernet Storage (iSCSI SAN) market recorded a higher than average year-on-year growth of 69.5 percent in CY 2008, thereby increasing its contribution by 2 percentage points in the overall India External Disk Storage market (from 5 percent in CY 2007 to 7 percent in CY 2008).
- NetApp Launches DVEC To Empower Customers, Partners
- NetApp Appoints Senior Execs To Strengthen India Business
- What's In Store For Data Management In 2017
- Netapp On Board For Varanasi's Smart City Plans
- Secured Storage Key For Video Surveillance Growth: NetApp
- Kaspersky Reaches Out To CIOs In Pune
- How To Encourage Women Leadership In Firms
- NetApp Helps Co-op Bank Boost DR, Storage System
- Big Boys Of Storage Now Dominate Flash Market
- Virtualization Helps PI Industries Cut 20% Cost