NetApp SANscreen 6.0 for virtualized data centers
NetApp has announced the latest edition of its storage management solution — SANscreen 6.0, to enable service providers and enterprises optimize storage efficiency and performance across their entire virtualized infrastructures. The SANscreen product suite offers end-to-end infrastructure discovery, service-level monitoring, analytics (planning, forecasting, and chargeback), change management, and impact analysis for virtual infrastructures affecting storage efficiency and optimization.
According to NetApp, SANscreen 6.0 is now fully integrated with BMC Software’s Atrium Configuration Management Database (CMDB). "By integrating SANscreen into BMC Atrium CMDB, customers are now able to get a holistic view of all of the different components of their IT environment," explained John Peters, VP and GM of the Atrium product line at BMC.
Even though storage efficiency technologies offer benefits and cost savings, adoption is not universal because customers cannot always quantify the impact on their storage environment. SANscreen 6.0 now includes the ability to measure, analyze, and mitigate risks associated with using NetApp or third-party storage efficiency technologies such as thin provisioning and deduplication in virtualized and cloud infrastructures.
"The fact that SANscreen 6.0 can also show detailed trends and risk reports for deduplicated and thin-provisioned storage is a true differentiator, and provides our customers with tremendous value in an economy where cost savings is a high priority," said John Bacci, director of engineering for The Ergonomic Group, Inc., a NetApp SANscreen channel partner.
SANscreen 6.0 can now manage NetApp-only storage environments as well, helping customers to intelligently measure and control their virtual infrastructure and optimize capacity utilization, availability, and performance.
- The Digital Messiah: Inside Accenture's Innovation Hub
- People Analytics Drives Strong Business Outcomes: Study
- AI, IoT Enhancing Video Surveillance Capabilities
- Businesses Speed Up Adoption of Augmented Analytics Tools
- Embracing Zen In Business To Be Flexible and Innovative
- How AWS Is Driving India's Cloud Growth Story
- Demystifying AI And Analytics With Sameer Dhanrajani
- India Opens Second IT Corridor In China
- IBM Is Unlocking Tribal Knowledge With Data
- How HR Analytics Can Be A Game-Changer In The Banking Industry