NetApp SANscreen 6.0 for virtualized data centers
NetApp has announced the latest edition of its storage management solution — SANscreen 6.0, to enable service providers and enterprises optimize storage efficiency and performance across their entire virtualized infrastructures. The SANscreen product suite offers end-to-end infrastructure discovery, service-level monitoring, analytics (planning, forecasting, and chargeback), change management, and impact analysis for virtual infrastructures affecting storage efficiency and optimization.
According to NetApp, SANscreen 6.0 is now fully integrated with BMC Software’s Atrium Configuration Management Database (CMDB). "By integrating SANscreen into BMC Atrium CMDB, customers are now able to get a holistic view of all of the different components of their IT environment," explained John Peters, VP and GM of the Atrium product line at BMC.
Even though storage efficiency technologies offer benefits and cost savings, adoption is not universal because customers cannot always quantify the impact on their storage environment. SANscreen 6.0 now includes the ability to measure, analyze, and mitigate risks associated with using NetApp or third-party storage efficiency technologies such as thin provisioning and deduplication in virtualized and cloud infrastructures.
"The fact that SANscreen 6.0 can also show detailed trends and risk reports for deduplicated and thin-provisioned storage is a true differentiator, and provides our customers with tremendous value in an economy where cost savings is a high priority," said John Bacci, director of engineering for The Ergonomic Group, Inc., a NetApp SANscreen channel partner.
SANscreen 6.0 can now manage NetApp-only storage environments as well, helping customers to intelligently measure and control their virtual infrastructure and optimize capacity utilization, availability, and performance.
- How CEO Can Avoid Digital Transformation Failure: McKinsey
- Predictions for RPA in Financial Services in 2018
- Which Sector Will Be The First To Go 100% Robot?
- Looking At The World Through A Digital Lens
- Uber Data Breach: Accountability, Corporate Ethics In Question
- Infor Looks To Triple Its India Revenue By 2020
- Stratus Unveils Edge Computing Strategy
- What Millennials Want From Their Employers?
- Big Data Gaining Grounds In Precision Medicine
- How Cloud Communication Can Speed Up Digital India vision