NetApp to buy storage virtualization software firm
NetApp has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Canada-based Bycast, a provider of advanced storage virtualization software for large-scale digital archives and storage clouds. Bycast helps customers whose business depends on access to vital data. It also protects and preserves digital assets over their lifetime
"The addition of Bycast’s products enables NetApp to offer our enterprise customers and service provider partners a complementary solution that enables them to efficiently build and manage a very large-scale global repository of data central to many IT-as-a-service offerings," said Manish Goel, EVP, product operations, NetApp.
With this acquisition, NetApp broadens its capabilities in serving key verticals such as digital media, Web 2.0, healthcare, and cloud services providers. In addition to its products, Bycast brings to NetApp valuable technology and talented employees.
"Together we will offer customers the best-in-class content repository solutions that further their drive toward a unified storage infrastructure," said Moe Kermani, CEO, Bycast.
The acquisition is expected to close in May 2010, subject to the satisfaction of customary closing conditions.
- PVR Cinemas Moves To Cloud For HR Transformation
- How DTDC Uses Cloud To Offer 50pc Faster Resolution Of Service Cases
- Embracing Opportunities And Challenges Of Digital Transformation
- Digital Tech Creating Enhanced Experiences In The Air
- Global Digital Signature Market To See Huge Leap: Study
- Using Cloud, AI To Transform Banking Sector
- Tips To Transform Your Business With Cloud Migration
- Adarsh Credit Goes Paperless With Adobe
- AI, Cybersecurity, Data Analytics To Rule Healthcare Sector
- By 2025, Digital Transactions To Reach $1-Tn Annually: Report