NetApp to buy storage virtualization software firm
NetApp has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Canada-based Bycast, a provider of advanced storage virtualization software for large-scale digital archives and storage clouds. Bycast helps customers whose business depends on access to vital data. It also protects and preserves digital assets over their lifetime
"The addition of Bycast’s products enables NetApp to offer our enterprise customers and service provider partners a complementary solution that enables them to efficiently build and manage a very large-scale global repository of data central to many IT-as-a-service offerings," said Manish Goel, EVP, product operations, NetApp.
With this acquisition, NetApp broadens its capabilities in serving key verticals such as digital media, Web 2.0, healthcare, and cloud services providers. In addition to its products, Bycast brings to NetApp valuable technology and talented employees.
"Together we will offer customers the best-in-class content repository solutions that further their drive toward a unified storage infrastructure," said Moe Kermani, CEO, Bycast.
The acquisition is expected to close in May 2010, subject to the satisfaction of customary closing conditions.
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Robosoft Technologies Appoints Ravi Teja As New CEO
- Is Artificial Intelligence The Future Of ERP Software Optimization?
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- Facebook India MD Umang Bedi Resigns
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 2-6)