NetCracker to Drive Maxis' Next-Gen Infrastructure
Maxis Communications has selected NetCracker Technology to manage its next-generation converged infrastructure and enhance overall operational efficiency.
Maxis is the converged services provider in Malaysia with more than 11 million mobile subscribers. It also has significant investments in India and Indonesia, via Aircel Limited (Aircel) and PT Natrindo Telepon Seluler (NTS). Maxis is among the world’s first to use HSDPA for 3G to deliver residential broadband services.
The solution being provided for Maxis includes the following NetCracker modules: service inventory, resource inventory, discovery & reconciliation, design & planning, service provisioning & activation, asset management, and outside plant.
"NetCracker’s solution will give us an opportunity to achieve our business goals through improved operations and innovation," said Jon Hoffmann, chief technology officer of Maxis.
The solution will enable Maxis to consolidate and manage diverse systems across its fixed and mobile infrastructure to obtain a more unified view of the network. This will result in higher network optimization and utilization, increased operational efficiencies, and improved cost savings. These efficiencies will be felt strongly in wireline and mobile planning, provisioning, and reconciliation of infrastructure assets.
Other benefits include:
Reduced fault detection time
Increased accuracy of asset and capacity management
Reduced number of OSS applications maintained
Discovery and re-allocation of unused network assets
Reduced number of dropped calls, resulting in increased customer satisfaction.
NetCracker solution will manage Maxis’ core network (including 3G and IP switches), the transport network (including fiber, microwave, and UMTS networks), and the radio access network (including GSM/GPRS and UMTS). It will cater to value-added services including MMS, video streaming, BlackBerry, location-based services, and also be used for enterprise-wide asset management.
- How Tech Has Revitalized India's Financial Planning Market
- How AI Is Changing The Landscape Of House Renting Sector?
- 3 Wealthiest Global CEOs Come From Tech Industry
- Smart Devices To Add Up To $685 Bn to Manufacturing Revenue By 2020: Study
- IT Veteran Neelam Dhawan Joins Ecosystm As Board Advisor
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate
- RJio To Connect 1100 Cities; Set For Next Level Of Disruption
- Ensuring A Secured Blockchain Ecosystem
- Plantronics Completes USD 2-Bn Polycom Acquisition
- Digital Payment To Drive Blockchain Growth In India, Says Study