Netwitness acquired by EMC, will operate as a part of RSA
EMC (NYSE:EMC), an information infrastructure solutions provider, today announced that it has acquired Virginia-based NetWitness – a privately-held, provider of network security analysis solutions. NetWitness’ technologies provide network visibility, enabling security teams to detect and remediate advanced threats while automating the incident investigation process. EMC informed that the acquisition closed on April 1st, 2011, and NetWitness will now operate as a part of RSA, the security division of EMC. The transaction is not expected to have a material impact to revenue or EPS for the full 2011 fiscal year.
“NetWitness has redefined the security landscape, providing a powerful solution for organizations seeking to gain immediate insight, precise clarity, and timely closure in the face of the toughest cyber threats. NetWitness’ unique network security analysis capabilities extend RSA’s solutions for managing security risk and compliance across both physical and virtual environments,” remarked Tom Heiser, president, RSA.
As stated, NetWitness will become a core element of RSA’s Advanced Security Management Solutions, providing visibility into network activity and adding efficiency to incident investigations and workflow. By combining the NetWitness network monitoring and analysis technology with RSA’s enVision platform, RSA Data Loss Prevention Suite (DLP) and RSA CyberCrime Intelligence service, security teams can achieve deep insight into the security posture of their organizations.
“Together, we have an opportunity to further strengthen our leadership position in network security analysis by creating new, integrated products and capabilities to solve our customers’ most complex security challenges,” commented Amit Yoran, CEO, NetWitness.
Announced at RSA Conference 2011 and available in Q2 2011, NetWitness unveiled Spectrum, an offering that replicates the knowledge, process and workflow of malware analysts.
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Large-Scale IoT Projects Doubled In Last One Year: Study
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Even Minor Glitches And Breaches Can Kill Brands
- There's No Stopping The IoT Growth; Here's Why
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 2-6)
- Gartner: Top 10 Strategic Tech Trends For 2018
- Are You Choosing The Best Software For Your Business?
- Insider Threats and Its Impact On Data Security
- Fitness Technology To Redefine India's Healthcare Market