New Build for MS Longhorn Server Beta
Microsoft’s Longhorn Server beta program is getting a new build - 6001.16406. The company announced the release of its first beta release of the Microsoft Windows Server code-named ‘Longhorn’ in July 2005.
The previous build, 5600 was available in August.
There’s also an updated copy of the Microsoft Beta Client and it has to be ensured that the new build of Longhorn Server is running this, and other versions running on other machines are updated accordingly, according to MS blog.
Longhorn offers to help information technology professionals maximize control over their infrastructure while providing availability and management capabilities, leading to a more secure, reliable, and robust server environment. It ensures all users regardless of location are able to get the full complement of services from the network.
It also provides deep insight into the operating system and diagnostic capabilities to allow administrators to spend more time adding business value.
It contains two new areas of functionality to help administrators extend and maximize their control over access to network servers:
* Network Access Protection (NAP): It enforces administrator-defined policies that describe the health requirements for the given organization.
* Internet Information Services 7.0: It helps developers and administrators alike to maximize their control over network/ Internet interfaces through key functionality pillars that include delegated administration, enhanced security and a reduced attack surface area, integrated application and health management for Web services, and improved administration tools.
- PVR Cinemas Moves To Cloud For HR Transformation
- Embracing Opportunities And Challenges Of Digital Transformation
- Gender Discrimination Continues To Haunt IT Industry
- Google Eyes Indian Enterprises With Its Cloud Partnership Program
- Encouraging More Women Into Tech Leadership Roles
- Woman Empowerment Through Edtech
- India Needs To Invest More On R&D
- E-Tailers Should Embrace “Mobile-First” Mindset To Succeed
- Top 10 Tech Companies To Work With In India
- How Artificial Intelligence Is Changing The Banking Sector