New crime tracking system to connect 14,000 police stations in India
The Indian government is starting today operationalizing the Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and System (CCTNS), an integrated information network aimed at data sharing among 14,000 police stations, across the country on a real-time basis.
According to a report by The Pioneer, the integrated system will help with the efficiency and effectiveness of policing at the police station level through adoption of e-governance and creation of a nationwide networked infrastructure for evolution of IT-enabled tracking system around “investigation of crime and detection of criminals.”
It further reported that the objectives of the project include streamlining investigation and prosecution processes, strengthening of intelligence gathering machinery and nationwide sharing of information on crime and criminals.
The system will also facilitate collection, storage, retrieval, analysis, transfer and sharing of data and information among police stations, district, state headquarters and other organisation/ agencies, including those in New Delhi. It is also expected to improve investigation and crime prevention and better tracking of criminals, suspects, accused and repeat offenders besides providing enhanced tools to the police agencies for investigation, crime prevention, law and order maintenance, traffic management and emergency response.
The system will enable e-filing of complaints, information to police station; obtaining status of complaints; cases registered, obtaining copies of FIRs, post-mortem reports and other permissible documents.
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Paying Ransom Makes One More Susceptible To Attack: Report
- Hiring To Pick Up In Next 6 Months: Report
- SAP Leonardo To Help Indian Firms With Digital Transformation
- Insider Threats and Its Impact On Data Security
- Government To Help Feebler Telcos Make Smooth Exit
- Outsourcing To India Is A Suitable Option For Another 3 Decades: Study
- Govts Exploring Blockchain To Boost Fintech Innovation
- How UP Dial 100 Is Changing the Way Police Do Business
- IaaS Helps Indian Cos Boost, Performance, Innovation