New crime tracking system to connect 14,000 police stations in India
The Indian government is starting today operationalizing the Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and System (CCTNS), an integrated information network aimed at data sharing among 14,000 police stations, across the country on a real-time basis.
According to a report by The Pioneer, the integrated system will help with the efficiency and effectiveness of policing at the police station level through adoption of e-governance and creation of a nationwide networked infrastructure for evolution of IT-enabled tracking system around “investigation of crime and detection of criminals.”
It further reported that the objectives of the project include streamlining investigation and prosecution processes, strengthening of intelligence gathering machinery and nationwide sharing of information on crime and criminals.
The system will also facilitate collection, storage, retrieval, analysis, transfer and sharing of data and information among police stations, district, state headquarters and other organisation/ agencies, including those in New Delhi. It is also expected to improve investigation and crime prevention and better tracking of criminals, suspects, accused and repeat offenders besides providing enhanced tools to the police agencies for investigation, crime prevention, law and order maintenance, traffic management and emergency response.
The system will enable e-filing of complaints, information to police station; obtaining status of complaints; cases registered, obtaining copies of FIRs, post-mortem reports and other permissible documents.
- Poor Router Security Makes Indians Vulnerable To Cyber Attacks
- Cloud Is Critical For Driving Semicon Industry's Growth
- Why 4 out of 10 Security Alerts Go Attended Daily In India?
- Businesses Should Educate Consumers On AI For Smarter Outcome: Study
- Multi-Factor Authentication Can Mitigate Password Risks: Study
- Five Tips for Building An 'Inclusive Workplace'
- Using Digital Transformation To Secure Your Bank Locker
- Lack of Skills Raising Demand for IT Security Services
- Blockchain Revolutionizing Global Media Entertainment Industry
- SUSE Builds Momentum With New Offerings, Market Expansion