New DLP Solution to Prevent Accidental Data Loss
Sophos, an IT security and data protection company, has introduced ‘content-aware’ data loss prevention technology to help companies reduce accidental data loss.
The new data loss prevention (DLP) technology, the company claims, seamlessly integrates with the new Sophos Endpoint Security and Data Protection (ESDP).
These new offerings are aimed at Indian businesses who need to have greater control over sensitive information, without any additional licensing costs. According to Sophos, existing ESDP customers will be able upgrade at no additional charge.
Businesses can now use a single agent to protect against data loss, secure their networks against malware, adware, suspicious files and behaviour, as well as control unauthorised devices and applications. The endpoint product also has a compliance feature to provide full disk and removable storage encryption option. This technology can allow companies to protect customer and employee information, in a more cost-effective manner. .
Simple to configure, the DLP technology allows organisations to avoid accidental data loss by warning its employees of possible breaches before any data is transferred. It also allows IT teams to set security policies in such a way that it does not end up becoming an obstacle to end-user productivity, the company said.
Sophos ESDP also provides enhanced application and device control capabilities like the abilities to set the permissions for removable storage, including USB sticks, external hard disks and wireless connection technologies (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and infrared). IT administrators can centrally set group security policies via the Enterprise Console dashboard, and choose from a number of reports that address compliance reporting requirements.
Sophos Endpoint Security and Data Protection is available for purchase and the pricing is based on a per-user basis. According to Sophos, multi-year and sector-specific discounts are also available. The pricing also varies on the length of the license period. Additionally, there is no extra charge to the former pricing.
- Insurance Cos Lack Strategy To Leverage IoT Data: Study
- Lack Of Trained Staff, Security Hinder FinTech Growth
- What’s Driving The Shift To Cryptocurrency Mining Malware?
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- Why Enterprises Need To Automate Security Systems
- IT Leaders Struggling With Hyper-Converged Infrastructure: Study
- AI, Cybersecurity, Data Analytics To Rule Healthcare Sector
- Ransomware Against IoT, Mobile On The Rise: SonicWall
- Blockchain Can Radically Transform Digital Marketing
- Employee Training: A Security Priority For Financial CISOs