New Dual Mode WiMax Handset Design Announced
Mediatek has announced support for a new WiMax and GSM EDGE dual mode handset prototype released today. This is the first WiMax phone design to be supported by a cellular chip maker.
The prototype handset is based on MediaTek s WiMax chip and MeidaTek s EDGE baseband processor.
CT Chuang, VP of MediaTek said, The integrated GSM + WiMAX dual mode handsets are only the beginning of our plan to integrate more wireless technology with future electronics.
The new prototype handset enables voice over EDGE network and voice/data over WiMAX network. It also has a USB port for data connectivity with laptops.
In related news, MediaTek also announced its new MT7110 series WiMAX chips. The MediaTek MT7110 series of SoC deliver 2×2 uplink and downlink MIMO, transmit switch diversity, and Beamforming.
MT7110 series are WiMAX Forum wave2 compliance chips. They support 2.3-2.7GHz and 3.3-3.8GHz. MT7119, in a 1.5×1.5cm small package allows 2-port Ethernet, 2-port VoIP, and 11n Wi-Fi. MT7117 is a smaller chip for data-only or data with one-port VoIP in an even smaller board. MT7118 with it patented power saving designs, is perfect for modules, handsets, and other mobile devices.
MediaTek said samples and pricing of MT7110 series and reference designs would be made available upon request.
- Looking At The World Through A Digital Lens
- Customer-Facing Web, Mobile Apps Pose Highest Security Risk: Study
- Ericsson Forecasts 1 Billion 5G Subscriptions By 2023
- What Makes SHAREit So Bullish On India Market
- How Shalimar Paints Is Weaving Its Digital Story
- The Enterprise Gains From Micro Frontend
- HFCL Gets A Deal Of Rs 128 Cr From BSNL
- Airtel-Karbonn Bring Two New Bundled Smartphones To Counter Jio
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Oct 30-Nov 3)
- SPOT Forum To Throw Light On Securing A Cashless India