New Dual Mode WiMax Handset Design Announced
Mediatek has announced support for a new WiMax and GSM EDGE dual mode handset prototype released today. This is the first WiMax phone design to be supported by a cellular chip maker.
The prototype handset is based on MediaTek s WiMax chip and MeidaTek s EDGE baseband processor.
CT Chuang, VP of MediaTek said, The integrated GSM + WiMAX dual mode handsets are only the beginning of our plan to integrate more wireless technology with future electronics.
The new prototype handset enables voice over EDGE network and voice/data over WiMAX network. It also has a USB port for data connectivity with laptops.
In related news, MediaTek also announced its new MT7110 series WiMAX chips. The MediaTek MT7110 series of SoC deliver 2×2 uplink and downlink MIMO, transmit switch diversity, and Beamforming.
MT7110 series are WiMAX Forum wave2 compliance chips. They support 2.3-2.7GHz and 3.3-3.8GHz. MT7119, in a 1.5×1.5cm small package allows 2-port Ethernet, 2-port VoIP, and 11n Wi-Fi. MT7117 is a smaller chip for data-only or data with one-port VoIP in an even smaller board. MT7118 with it patented power saving designs, is perfect for modules, handsets, and other mobile devices.
MediaTek said samples and pricing of MT7110 series and reference designs would be made available upon request.
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- By 2020, Half Of Content Viewing Will Be Mobile: Study
- Perks@Croma: An Experiment In Buzz Marketing
- How Algorithms Are Revolutionizing Lending Business
- Cloud-Based Biometric Authentication Is Underway
- Google Likely To Launch Mobile Payment Service In India
- Dell EMC Looks At $26 Bn India Market, Focuses On JAM
- How Swiggy Uses Cloud To Connect Customers
- 7 Mobile CRM Features Businesses Find Attractive
- Decoding The Future Of Mobile App Economy