New Solution from Siemens
Siemens has announced a new software solution that integrates manufacturing planning with the shop floor machining operations associated with producing parts. The new offering maximizes productivity by tightly linking Teamcenter software from Siemens PLM Software with Motion Control Information System (MCIS) from Siemens Motion Control Systems.
The manufacturing process management module of Teamcenter has now been united with two MCIS solution components - Direct Numerical Control (DNC) and Tool Data Information (TDI). The new solution allows companies to manage the process of delivering the correct manufacturing data - such as NC part programs created by computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) software, or tool availability information - from a central information management and planning environment to the proper physical manufacturing location on the shop floor.
The Teamcenter to MCIS interface is available immediately from Siemens PLM Software.
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- What Millennials Want From Their Employers?
- Multi-Cloud Environments Force CIOs To Rethink Cloud Strategies
- AI To Bring More Jobs, Revenues To Businesses
- 5 Ways Data Will Get Faster, Smarter: NetApp CTO
- The Age of Cognition Is Coming
- 5 Supply Chain Management Trends for 2018
- How Robotics Is Changing The Shared Service Landscape
- CA Technologies Driving Digital India Innovation
- HCL Inks A Five Year Contract With JLT