New Solution from Siemens
Siemens has announced a new software solution that integrates manufacturing planning with the shop floor machining operations associated with producing parts. The new offering maximizes productivity by tightly linking Teamcenter software from Siemens PLM Software with Motion Control Information System (MCIS) from Siemens Motion Control Systems.
The manufacturing process management module of Teamcenter has now been united with two MCIS solution components - Direct Numerical Control (DNC) and Tool Data Information (TDI). The new solution allows companies to manage the process of delivering the correct manufacturing data - such as NC part programs created by computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) software, or tool availability information - from a central information management and planning environment to the proper physical manufacturing location on the shop floor.
The Teamcenter to MCIS interface is available immediately from Siemens PLM Software.
- How Machine Learning Is Changing CIO's Role
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner
- 5 Ways CRM Can Power Hospitality Sector
- Women Hold Just 1 in 5 Sales Leadership Positions
- Women Hold Just One in Five Sales Leadership Positions
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Oct 16-20)
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- Is Artificial Intelligence The Future Of ERP Software Optimization?
- IoT Knowledge Gaps Exist In Consumer Product Industry
- HR Managers See CRM As An Effective Business Tool