NextBiT Develops OTT Set Top Box for Chinese Firm
Bangalore-based NextBiT Computing has designed and developed the Intellectual Property (IP) and solutions for an Over the Top (OTT) Set Top Box (STB). The company will now deliver the first batch of 50,000 units to a China-based OEM by February 2010.
Incorporated in 2005, their first product was an IP STB. The company develops and provides intellectual property and solutions, which help drive next generation audio, video, and data enabled consumer electronic, broadcast, and handheld devices. An early customer has been Netmedia, a Korean based company.
Talking to CXOtoday, Vishal Borkar, CEO of NextBiT Computing said, "Our core IP is the hardware design resource and the firmware functionality. Even though, the Chinese firm has not yet finalized on the brand name, the first batch will be out by February this year. We have incorporated features like Internet browsing, remote computing, video phone and live TV support that works on 2G, 3G and also other technologies."
NextBiT has added more features to the OTT STB to make it a complete converged communication and computing multimedia device. "We feel set top box have a good future and is also commercially viable for an ODM," he added.
The company has also tied up with manufacturing companies in China, Taiwan, Korea and also a local contract manufacturer. "We provide a complete package for the product from design, fabrication, to the final product and also take care of large scale production by contract manufacturers," he added.
With a team of 22 developers based out of Bangalore, the company has a presence in markets such as Japan, Dubai and Singapore.
- India Opens Second IT Corridor In China
- IBM Is Unlocking Tribal Knowledge With Data
- Leaders Should Optimize IT I&O For Digital Business
- Vishal Sikka's AI Venture To Boost Human Creativity: Report
- Moving Towards Conversational Economy With AI
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Oct 16-20)
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 2-6)
- Keysight Gears Up For 5G, High-Speed Datacenters In India
- 19 Milestones On Google's 19th Birthday