NIIT Inaugurates Yuva Centre in Delhi
To empower youth in slums with vocational training in telecommunication, healthcare, etc, NIIT Yuva, in association with NGO Navjyoti India Foundation, has opened a career development center (CDC) in Jahangiri, Delhi.
The center will also make provision to access additional skills that will be addressed as per requirement of the partnering organization.
According to Rajendra S Pawar, chairman NIIT, the students at the center will be provided with internship and placement with the purpose of helping them find employment in corporate sector.
Kiran Bedi, general secretary, Navjyoti India Foundation, said, "NIIT Yuva has made great impact in the lives of underprivileged youth of urban slums. Our foundation was set up with the aim of making the society self-reliant and we are pleased to come together."
NIIT Yuva is an initiative by the not-for-profit education society and will provide employability skills for youth in the age of 17-25 years.
- India's Telecom Sector To Slash 80K-90K Jobs
- 7 Trends Driving IT Transformation In India
- Suspicious Transactions Up Due To Surge In Digital Payments
- India-Israel-US Strengthen Ties At Nasscom's Tech Triangle Summit
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Jan 8-13)
- Qlik Appoints Mike Capone As New CEO
- What Aadhar Data Breach Means To Digital India And Its Citizens
- GDPR Key Challenge For Enterprises in 2018
- India 2nd Largest Contributor To IBM’s 9043 Patents In 2017
- Indian Railways On Track To Bigger Tech Innovation