NIIT Tech Bags 228 crore Govt. Project
NIIT Technologies has bagged ‘Intranet Prahari’ project for the BSF. The project is scheduled to get underway next fiscal year
NIIT Technologies will be responsible for the supply and set-up of the entire infrastructure of the project including establishment of a central data center, 10 mini data centers, a disaster recovery center (in Bangalore) and infrastructure in a total of 230 sector headquarters and battalions. Applications on state-of-the-art technology would be configured and deployed across data centers and remote locations. The company will be responsible for maintenance and support for a period of five years.
CEO of NIIT Technologies said the project was similar to an earlier
project they had done for the CRPF, though much larger in scope. "The
way to work with large governments is through turnkey projects. You
have to be with them from the start to the end. The learning engagement
process is very important," said Thakur, speaking at a press conference
on the sidelines of the Nasscom India Leadership Forum 2010.
Rajesh Mathur, head (government) of NIIT Technologies said they will also train BSF personnel in handling the equipment and the technology, with around 1500 BSF employees expected to be trained initially.
‘Intranet Prahari’ aims to provide current and ex-employees of BSF with easy and detailed access to information on salaries, arrears, pensions, family pensions, etc.
NIIT focuses in four key areas of the government - defense, internal security, railways, and government departments. Currently, 40% of their revenues from India come from the government sector. On a state level, one of the projects the company is currently working on is a Geographical Information System (GIS) project for the Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM).
- Tech Is The Future of Employee Onboarding, Says Study
- Shaping The Future Of Education Through Technology
- Creating Smarter Cities With Smart Technologies
- Here's Why The Voice-First Strategy Will Rule
- Plantronics Completes USD 2-Bn Polycom Acquisition
- Bata Strengthens Omnichannel CRM Strategy
- Cyber GCCs In India At The Cusp Of Transformation
- NIIT To Train 1 Lakh Youth In IT-BSFI Through TPaaS
- Accenture, Israel Consulate And Nasscom launch 'scalerator'
- E-Waste Management Can Redefine Urban Mining