Nissan Motor Appoints Anthony Thomas As Global CIO
Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. has announced that Anthony Thomas, most recently group CIO at GE Global, will assume the duties of CVP, CIO (chief information officer), Global IS/IT Nissan as of October 23, 2017.
Thomas joined GE in 2015 as the Group CIO, where he shouldered the responsibility of managing IT for GE outside the US-market with an aim to drive business growth. His role also included the task of driving the company’s IT and Talent transformation and leadership pipeline in India.
He was also a member of GE Global IT Council and GE India Leadership Council.
At Nissan, Thomas will be based at the company’s headquarters in Yokohama, Japan, and will report directly to CEO Hiroto Saikawa, Nissan said in a statement.
Prior to joining GE Global, he held a number of key positions at companies such as Vodafone India Ltd., Citi and Ernst & Young LLP. Thomas possesses an electrical and electronics engineering from College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram, in 1991.
Although through most of his career he was based out of Princeton, New Jersey, Thomas managed teams in several parts of the world.
Thomas is an active advisor, mentor and angel investor in the start-up ecosystem and is one of the founding members of CIO Angel Network (CAN) and is also associated with Indian Angel Network (IAN).
Thomas is one among the core members of Reserve Bank of India’s Technical Committee on Mobile Banking and serves as the CII National Committee on IT, ITeS & eCommerce, ASSOCHAM National Council on IT/ITeS, Cellular Operations Association of India (COAI).
- Can 5G Wave Save The Dwindling Global Smartphone Market In 2019?
- 7 Trends Driving Enterprise IT Transformation In 2019
- Demonetization Spurs India's E-Payments Market, Show Studies
- Bahrain FinTech Bay To Collaborate With Global Leaders To Drive Growth
- How Make in India Can Lead The World With Disruptive Innovation
- IT Veteran Shyam Ramamurthy Joins Goals101 As Chief Product Officer
- Organizations Must Prepare for Data Security Risks To Survive
- Blockchain Revolutionizing Global Media Entertainment Industry
- How UST Global Tackles Cyber Threats Head-On
- Digital Spending In Retail To Grow By $118 Bn By 2022: Zinnov