Nitin Rakesh Elected As Chair Of The Nasscom IT Services Council
National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) has announced the appointment of Nitin Rakesh, Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director of Mphasis as the Chair of the IT Services Council. Rakesh was unanimously elected as its Chair and will spearhead transformation of the IT services industry in India as well as chartering the future roadmap for sustainable growth.
On his appointment, Rakesh said, “I am very excited to take on the role as Chair of the IT Services Council. I strongly believe that IT is truly a global service that powers futureproofing of all industries. I hope to leverage NASSCOM’s solid 25-year-old platform to enable and reimagine the IT services industry making it truly global. I look forward to working with the Executive Council as well as other members to enhance consistent value of the industry”.
Rakesh’s vision is to transform India’s brand image from a cost competitive offshore destination to an essential technology partner and work towards bridging the gap between ‘Bangalore-and-Bay Area’ both from an IP as well as start-up perspective. To power these core priorities, building a strong ecosystem to transform India as a technology destination is vital. He hopes to achieve these through a quintessential ‘Create in India’ campaign for reskilling and reorientation.
Nitin holds a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Computer Science) from Delhi Institute of Technology, Delhi University and has received his Master’s in Management from Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai and is also an alumni of Harvard Business School’s CEO Workshop.
- Re-Skilling Efforts To Continue In IT Sector: Nasscom
- 2.5 Lakh Indian Gram Panchayats To Be Digitally Connected
- New App Launched To Know Everything About GST
- How Indian SMBs Can Gain From GST, Automation
- Is India’s IT Infrastructure Ready For GST?
- GST Rollout: Here's What IT-Telecom Experts Say
- GST On July 1: What's The Impact On IT Industry
- How Cloud Can Make MNOs Profitable
- IFFCO Undertakes a Complete Digital Journey
- Indian IT Exports To grow 7-8 pc In 2017-18: Nasscom