Nitin Rakesh Elected As Chair Of The Nasscom IT Services Council
National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) has announced the appointment of Nitin Rakesh, Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director of Mphasis as the Chair of the IT Services Council. Rakesh was unanimously elected as its Chair and will spearhead transformation of the IT services industry in India as well as chartering the future roadmap for sustainable growth.
On his appointment, Rakesh said, “I am very excited to take on the role as Chair of the IT Services Council. I strongly believe that IT is truly a global service that powers futureproofing of all industries. I hope to leverage NASSCOM’s solid 25-year-old platform to enable and reimagine the IT services industry making it truly global. I look forward to working with the Executive Council as well as other members to enhance consistent value of the industry”.
Rakesh’s vision is to transform India’s brand image from a cost competitive offshore destination to an essential technology partner and work towards bridging the gap between ‘Bangalore-and-Bay Area’ both from an IP as well as start-up perspective. To power these core priorities, building a strong ecosystem to transform India as a technology destination is vital. He hopes to achieve these through a quintessential ‘Create in India’ campaign for reskilling and reorientation.
Nitin holds a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Computer Science) from Delhi Institute of Technology, Delhi University and has received his Master’s in Management from Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai and is also an alumni of Harvard Business School’s CEO Workshop.
- Nasscom Predicts Muted Growth For IT In 2018-19
- Smart Cars Can Be The Next Big Thing For Indian IT Firms, Says Study
- Direct Co-ordination With CEO Can Maximise Cyber Security
- Outlook For Indian IT Is Cautiously Positive In 2018: Nasscom
- What Lies Ahead For India's Fintech Sector?
- How Organizations Can Be Threats Ready On The Cloud?
- Global Blockchain Market To Reach $9.6 Mn By 2024: Report
- WhatsApp Launches ‘WhatsApp Business’ For Small Businesses
- India-Israel-US Strengthen Ties At Nasscom's Tech Triangle Summit
- Hyderabad To Host 'Olympics Of IT Industry'