Nivio Awarded WEF's Technology Pioneer for 2009
Nivio has been awarded the Technology Pioneer Award for 2009 for its technical innovations in affordable computing access. The announcement by the World Economic Forum (WEF) has enlisted Nivio in the elite group of previous visionary awardees, i.e. Google, Infosys, Mozilla Corporation, 23andme, Amyris Biotechnologies, Gridpoint, Kaspersky Lab, and Nanosolar among others.
Nivio will be joining global leaders at the WEF in Davos, Switzerland in January 2009 to discuss ways to maximize the penetration of computing across the world. “We have believed that computing must become as easy to use, affordable and available as cable TV. At the WEF, we will be discussing with world-leaders how with the use of Nivio, the future of the world can be revolutionized” said Sachin Duggal, CEO of Nivio.
“Through Nivio we hope to increase computer-penetration by making it easy, affordable and with low learning-barriers. The Nivio platform will be useful in making computing more accessible to businesses, education and overall increase access in the low computer-penetrated emerging world”, added Duggal.
Nivio delivers secure virtual Windows Desktop running in the Cloud, accessible through internet connected devices and computers and claims to have the potential to provide computing access to over 1 billion in India, and 5 billion in the world without a computer.
Daas for Large Indian Enterprises
- Suresh Vasudevan Joins Paytm Money As CTO
- Board Not Ready To Take Responsibilities For Cybersecurity Breaches: EY
- Top 10 India Predictions On Cloud initiatives By 2023: IDC
- 12 Trends Reshaping Banking in 2019
- Online Learning Gains Momentum In India: Study
- How Data Is Powering Transportation Of Goods
- Talent Shortage, A Key Concern For Organizations: Gartner
- 6 Predictions For Surveillance Industry In 2019
- 5 Tech To Disrupt The Enterprise In 2019
- Technology Outlook For 2019: What Experts Are Saying