Nivio Awarded WEF's Technology Pioneer for 2009
Nivio has been awarded the Technology Pioneer Award for 2009 for its technical innovations in affordable computing access. The announcement by the World Economic Forum (WEF) has enlisted Nivio in the elite group of previous visionary awardees, i.e. Google, Infosys, Mozilla Corporation, 23andme, Amyris Biotechnologies, Gridpoint, Kaspersky Lab, and Nanosolar among others.
Nivio will be joining global leaders at the WEF in Davos, Switzerland in January 2009 to discuss ways to maximize the penetration of computing across the world. “We have believed that computing must become as easy to use, affordable and available as cable TV. At the WEF, we will be discussing with world-leaders how with the use of Nivio, the future of the world can be revolutionized” said Sachin Duggal, CEO of Nivio.
“Through Nivio we hope to increase computer-penetration by making it easy, affordable and with low learning-barriers. The Nivio platform will be useful in making computing more accessible to businesses, education and overall increase access in the low computer-penetrated emerging world”, added Duggal.
Nivio delivers secure virtual Windows Desktop running in the Cloud, accessible through internet connected devices and computers and claims to have the potential to provide computing access to over 1 billion in India, and 5 billion in the world without a computer.
Daas for Large Indian Enterprises
- EVs, Smart Car Market In India To Boom
- CIOs, Are You Ready For These 7 Digital Disruptions?
- VGSTS 2018: A Knowledge-Sharing Platform For Tech Entrepreneurs
- Why Banks Alone Can't Handle Digital Payments Landscape
- 5 Essential Technology Tools For Real Estate Firms
- Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends for 2019: Gartner
- IoT Projects Fast Becoming Mainstream, Says Study
- AI Is Changing HR Role And The Future Of Work
- Blockchain To Save Financial Cos USD 40 Bn Per Year: Study
- Google+ To Close Down After Massive Data Breach Exposed