Nivio Awarded WEF's Technology Pioneer for 2009
Nivio has been awarded the Technology Pioneer Award for 2009 for its technical innovations in affordable computing access. The announcement by the World Economic Forum (WEF) has enlisted Nivio in the elite group of previous visionary awardees, i.e. Google, Infosys, Mozilla Corporation, 23andme, Amyris Biotechnologies, Gridpoint, Kaspersky Lab, and Nanosolar among others.
Nivio will be joining global leaders at the WEF in Davos, Switzerland in January 2009 to discuss ways to maximize the penetration of computing across the world. “We have believed that computing must become as easy to use, affordable and available as cable TV. At the WEF, we will be discussing with world-leaders how with the use of Nivio, the future of the world can be revolutionized” said Sachin Duggal, CEO of Nivio.
“Through Nivio we hope to increase computer-penetration by making it easy, affordable and with low learning-barriers. The Nivio platform will be useful in making computing more accessible to businesses, education and overall increase access in the low computer-penetrated emerging world”, added Duggal.
Nivio delivers secure virtual Windows Desktop running in the Cloud, accessible through internet connected devices and computers and claims to have the potential to provide computing access to over 1 billion in India, and 5 billion in the world without a computer.
Daas for Large Indian Enterprises
- Study Reveals Indian Businesses Make Best Use of Collaboration
- 5 Game Changing Technologies In E-Commerce
- 7 Trends Driving Enterprise IT Transformation In 2019
- Low Code Platforms Can Help SMBs Gain Mobility
- 13 Surprising Uses Of Emotion AI Technology
- Indians Most Confident In APAC On Their Career Advancement, Says LinkedIn
- 3 API Management Considerations For Mid-Market Companies
- India To Create One Million Cloud Jobs By 2022, Say Experts
- Lack of Soft Skills A Concern For IT Employees: Study
- 10 Women Founded Tech Startups Bag Prestigious Awards