Nokia announces Developer Millionaire League In India
Nokia recognized and honoured a select team of eleven talented Indian developers whose applications have crossed the milestone of one million downloads worldwide on the Nokia Store. Titled ‘Nokia Millionaires League’, these eleven Indian developers are among just 200 Nokia developers across the world to have accomplished this feat.
Acknowledging this achievement, Nokia today also launched an exclusive set of applications specially developed by the Nokia Millionaires. The applications, themed across diverse genres, will be available for consumers by end of October on the Nokia Store across Nokia devices.
Nokia, in India, earlier this year introduced Operator Billing for consumers. This ensures that application purchases increase by 13% benefiting the developers. Additionally, credit card payment option is now available in India besides 170 other markets globally.
The applications launched today were designed by 11 Nokia Millionaires –
· Twist Mobile
· Techtree IT
The apps are based on Java, Symbian S40 and S60, and Qt. Created across genres Games, Food & Beverages, Puzzle & Strategy and Education & Entertainment, the applications have been developed based on the developers’ understanding of the needs and expectations of app consumers in India. Each application is unique and designed to benefit the user with minimum consumption effort.
Jasmeet Gandhi, Head of Services Marketing, Nokia India said, “The mobile application industry is easily the fastest growing sector in the world and we have seen some of the most talented developers coming from India. We are delighted with the applications developed here in India and will continue to support and invest in the developer community. We hope that the number of Indian developers, who cross the million downloads on the Store, will continue to grow and bring great apps to our consumers worldwide.”
- Microservices, Latency and Alligators in the Pond
- CXOs Struggling To Turn Digital Strategies into Performance
- Verizon Selects AWS As Preferred Cloud Provider
- How New Tech Models Are Changing The IT Skills
- The Perils Of Ignoring Mobile App Security
- Blockchain Can Radically Transform Digital Marketing
- Computex 2018, Smart Asia Trade Expo To Focus On AI, IoT
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- How AI Can Disrupt Recruitment Process
- Mission Critical Workloads Require Specialized Cloud: Study