Nokia, Intuit to create mobile marketing services for small businesses
Intuit (NASDAQ: INTU) and Nokia (NYSE:NOK) have announced an alliance to develop and deliver an innovative new mobile and web-based marketing service for small businesses around the world. Addressing one of the leading concerns for the world’s estimated 500 million small businesses, the new service will be designed to help them get more business through personalized, relevant offers and marketing messages.
The first market launch of the service is expected in the fourth quarter of 2010, further details will be made available at that time. “Small businesses need every advantage to stay ahead of the pack in today’s competitive environment,” said Alex Lintner, president, Intuit Global Business Division. “We plan to offer them a way to strengthen customer relationships, through targeted communications that increase sales by delivering more customer visits. We’re applying the same proven formula we’ve used with QuickBooks to help small businesses succeed by better serving their customers.”
“This is a significant step which we expect will create future growth opportunities,” said Robert Andersson, senior vice president & head of Corporate Alliances and Business Development at Nokia. “Working with Intuit, we are developing a breakthrough service to help small businesses deepen relationships with their customers, leveraging our expertise in mobile and location-based services. We believe this will benefit consumers too, by helping them find their favorite products and services in the right place, at the right time and at the best price.”
“Small businesses have a strong appetite for tools that can help them reach their customers and attract new ones,” explained Timothy Doherty, research analyst for SMB mobility at IDC. “There is a real opportunity for cost effective solutions that allow small businesses to proactively target the mobile customer with highly contextual offerings based on location and past purchase behavior.”
- How Digital Platforms Are Helping Real Estate Business
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Is Artificial Intelligence The Future Of ERP Software Optimization?
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- IoT Knowledge Gaps Exist In Consumer Product Industry
- HR Managers See CRM As An Effective Business Tool
- Content Strategy Strongly Impacts IT Sales
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation