Nokia Juniper Team Up To Offer Cloud Solution for Telcos
Nokia and Juniper Networks announce an expansion of their long-standing partnership to advance telco cloud for mobile broadband.
The latest collaboration brings together Nokia’s leading Liquid Core solution, including network function virtualization (NFV) and telco cloud management and orchestration, and the Juniper Networks MetaFabric data center architecture, including Contrail — Juniper’s network virtualization and cloud network automation solution based on software-defined networking (SDN).
As mobile operators face pressure to bring new services to market at rapid rates, extending proven cloud network virtualization and automation capabilities to their carrier-grade networking domain will ensure true competitive advantage. Nokia and Juniper’s bundled solution, delivered through carrier-grade services, will provide operators with an open ecosystem telco cloud solution, based on OpenStack, offering automated application deployment, software defined application connectivity and network management.
The solution will also enable application and networking elastic scalability with a clear migration path for operators to leverage their existing assets built according to today’s core architectures.
Rajeev Suri, president and CEO of Nokia stated:”By collaborating with Juniper, we are taking the next step together, enabling operators to take full advantage of the cloud with a clear path towards the robustness and scale of interconnected datacenters.”
“Rapid adoption of LTE and the 4G mobile core opens up a wealth of opportunities for new service creation for our customers,” said Shaygan Kheradpir, CEO of Juniper Networks. “We believe operators need a High-IQ mobile edge that connects their infrastructure to the telco cloud and leverages network and service virtualization throughout.
Nokia and Juniper are focused on providing open networking solutions that matter most to mobile operators to enable carriers to become Cloud Builders in order to speed service delivery and optimize their cloud networks,” he said.
- Technical Challenges For Implementation Of GST
- Unnecessary Security Cordons Make Fintech More Vulnerable
- E-Commerce Payment Market To Reach USD 135 Bn By 2023: Study
- What Lies Ahead For India's Fintech Sector?
- Google’s India Initiative Speak Volumes About India's Booming Internet Base
- Top CRM Features To Ensure Data Security
- Google India Rolls Out Campaign To Protect Data, Devices
- Affordable Mobile Data Spurs Indian Feature Phone Users
- Internet Exceeds 4 Bn-Users, But 50 pc Still Offline
- Challenges Of Mobile Operators In The Age Of HD