Nokia Siemens Networks implements unified billing for Vodafone
This will help Vodafone India boost its data subscriber take-up, capture new revenue streams, and reduce operating costs through simplified operations.
Nokia Siemens Networks has implemented India’s first network-wide single data charging system to support Vodafone India subscribers.
According to a press statement, this will help Vodafone India boost its data subscriber take-up, capture new revenue streams, and reduce operating costs through simplified operations. Unified charging and billing will also allow data subscribers to enjoy greater transparency of their usage and spending patterns with real-time notifications to their handsets.
“As a whole new generation of subscribers use mobile data services more frequently, our aim is to better understand data consumption patterns and accordingly offer truly customized data tariffs. Nokia Siemens Networks’ unified charging and billing portfolio will help us launch new, flexible data tariff plans across multiple consumer touch-points,” said Vishant Vora, Chief Technology officer at Vodafone India.
Nokia Siemens Networks will build and operate its data charging system, integrating prepaid systems and other elements in a multi-vendor environment. It will also provide its NetAct network management system to help Vodafone efficiently monitor, manage and optimize its network.
“As a partner for Vodafone’s pan-India deployment, we are unifying the data charging capabilities for its subscribers across India with one platform. This will result in a much higher flexibility in creating new tariffs, in addition to simplified operations, and will lead to savings in operating costs,” said Sandeep Girotra, Head of India region at Nokia Siemens Networks.
- Adobe, Microsoft, SAP Team Up For Open Data Initiative
- Millennials and Cybersecurity: Understanding the Value of Personal Data
- Top Tech Brands With A Strong Focus On Their Own E-Commerce Website
- AI Is Making BI Smarter
- Microsoft, DSCI Team Up To Fill The Women In Cybersecurity Gap
- How Make in India Can Lead The World With Disruptive Innovation
- Cloud Is Critical For Driving Semicon Industry's Growth
- What's BitLocker’s Role In Encryption And Compliance?
- Why 4 out of 10 Security Alerts Go Attended Daily In India?
- Key Technologies Redefining Human Resources