Nokia Targets BlackBerry Customers with Lumia 1520
Smartphones maker, Nokia India has launched Lumia 1520, the first phablet from the mobile phone manufacturer.
The mobile phone which comes with a 6-inch screen with a full HD (1920×1080 pixels) resolution also boasts of a 20 megapixel rear camera with Nokia’s PureView technology with Dual LED flash. It also has a 1.2 MP camera on the front panel for video calls.
The new Lumia has four microphones ensuring best audio while recording videos. Nokia is also offering 7 GB free Sky Drive cloud storage space free with the phone. It is also giving users a lifetime license for Microsoft Office suite, which the company feels will attract more enterprise set of customers.
The Lumia 1520 packs new preloaded apps, like Nokia Storyteller app which integrates clicked images and recorded videos with HERE maps, and a new Nokia Camera app with Pro Camera UI.
Speaking at the sideline of Lumia launch, Vipual Mehrotra, Director, smartphone Devices, Nokia India, Middle East and Africa said, “As the new Lumia offers Microsoft office connectivity for lifetime, we see this will allow more headroom in the enterprise space. Already, we have seen many of Blackberry customers are migrating to Lumia phones. We have been winning a significant amount of enterprise business deals from former BlackBerry customers.The phone offers best of both the world’s enterprise and consumer, with the concept of BYOD, we see our enterprise share to grow further.”
He further added, “The Lumia phones are built around three key pillars or experiences which are capture and relive, discover and enjoy and last is locations and Maps. We have been driving this strategy for last three years, and we have been bringing innovations around these three key pillars.”
Commenting on the Nokia tablet hitting the Indian market, Mehrotra said, ”As the Indian market is not ready with LTE, we have no plans to roll it out at. Moreover, as Nokia is expanding its product portfolio, the company has phased out its 10 series of Lumia.”
- Feature Phones Now One Of Best Diwali Gifts
- Google Acquires HTC Talent To Bolster Devices Sale
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Sep 4-9)
- Apple Star Engineer Chris Lattner Joins Google
- Indian Smartphone Market Sees A Silver Lining
- Ashok Leyland Introduces Digital Market Place
- Using Virtualization To Enhance Security, Save On Infrastructure
- Nokia, Xiaomi Announce Multi-Year Patent And Equipment Deal
- Videocon Telecom Ventures Into Security, Survelliance
- The Future Of IT Skills For Tech Support Organizations