Novell Announces Collaboration Platform
Novell recently announced the open beta availability of its latest version of its collaboration platform– Novell GroupWise 7.
GroupWise 7 features advances for end users such as integrated e-mail and instant messaging, enhanced Outlook support and a pre-bundled SuSE Linux Enterprise Server.
According to Novell, unlike Microsoft Exchange, GroupWise would run on multiple operating system platforms. As a result, customers can expect increased productivity using GroupWise 7 to govern and protect their mission-critical collaboration functions.
GroupWise 7 would let end users adapt the client to how they work in order to optimize their productivity and efficiency. Enhancements would include integration between e-mail and instant messaging so that users can see in the e-mail whether the sender is currently online, allowing them to move to IM to resolve long e-mail conversations.
In addition, a new “home” view would summarize a user’s most pertinent information at a glance, multiple calendars for a single user making it easier to manage multiple projects, and a quick navigation bar would help end users jump to the places they use most through a simple, one-click interface.
On the client side, GroupWise supports Windows, Linux, Macintosh, Web browser and mobile devices. It also enables cradle-based synchronization of PocketPC and Palm OS-based personal digital assistants. This in turn makes it easier for developers to build and integrate custom applications by allowing secure access to server functions through Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP), a standard Web services-oriented interface.
Open beta versions of Novell GroupWise 7 are now available for free download, and customers can pre-order GroupWise 7 beginning July 7. Pricing will be announced at general product availability.
- Ericsson Sees 5G Readiness On The Rise
- 5 Best Ways to Use Collaboration Tools for Quick Growth
- DevOps Not A One-Size-Fits-All Strategy: CA Technologies
- IBM Collaborates With MIT On AI Research
- Cloud Boosts Collaboration between HR, Finance
- The Future Of Cloud Computing In Healthcare
- HDS Appoints Sanjay Agrawal As Director - Platforms And Solutions
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Mar 14-18)
- How A Human-Robot Collaboration Can Succeed
- Tagove Boosts Collaboration With Live Video Chat