Novell Announces Storage Manager 2.5
Novell has introduced a new version of its Storage Manager solution, Novell Storage Manager 2.5.
Many compliance regulations specify storage requirements for data retention, integrity and security. They require that companies store data for long periods of time, ensure data has not been changed or lost and protect sensitive data from unauthorized access. In order to demonstrate compliance, an unprecedented need for storage capacity, access management and automation has emerged.
Manually managing this process is no longer effective as IT administrators look for solutions to facilitate more efficient use of storage, simplify use and management of data and storage, and automate functions.
Novell Storage Manager enables companies to deploy and automate the complete life cycle of user and group storage through identity-based policies. It ensures user storage is automatically provisioned when a new user joins a company, users have role-based access to individual and group storage, and storage policies are being enforced, and that storage is being archived or deleted when a user leaves the company.
In short, Novell Storage Manager replaces manual management of storage with automated processes based on policies and identity.
"Integrating with Active Directory (AD) and eDirectory (ED), NSM manages storage with the user in mind," said Noemi Greyzdorf, research manager for IDC. "Once an account has been created, identity-based storage policies can be applied to the users and are executed automatically."
These capabilities help companies enforce retention, integrity and security policies in accordance with company governance.
- Study Reveals Why CISO Should Report To The CEO
- Choosing The Right HR Management System For Your Firm
- CXOs Still Wary Of Cloud Data Security: Study
- PNB Scam: Some Tech Lessons For Indian Banks
- Embracing Technology For HR Innovation
- IBM Steps Up Its Skills Development Efforts In India
- Why Financial Sector CIOs Should Get On Top Of Machine Learning
- Unnecessary Security Cordons Make Fintech More Vulnerable
- Using RPA For Greater Accuracy, Efficiency In Business
- Direct Co-ordination With CEO Can Maximise Cyber Security