Novell looks to lure Sun customers and partners
By offering license agreements and special offers to its customers and partners so as to make a compelling reason to migrate their identity management and operating systems platforms to Novell.
The company is offering a range of product license agreements and special offers to help Sun Microsystems identity management and Solaris customers upgrade to equivalent Novell solutions. Novell is also offering incentive programs for Sun partners to join the Novell PartnerNet channel community.
According to Novell, the new programs and offers are aimed to address concerns raised by news that Sun’s product catalog, (which is now owned by Oracle), will be substantially scaled back. In addition to that, Sun’s largest customers will now be routed through a direct support model, leaving Sun partners and resellers out in the cold. "Many Sun customers are questioning the plans Oracle has for the former Sun products, said Justin Steinman, vice president of solution and product marketing at Novell
The Sun Migration Program includes Novell identity and security offers with which Sun customers with a perpetual license can swap their products with a Novell equivalent for free. Novell is also offering special incentives to Sun Solaris customers to migrate to Suse Linux Enterprise Server.
For a limited time, Solaris customers that purchase Suse Linux Enterprise Server subscriptions will get free training designed for Solaris administrators, unlimited virtual guest support and migration assistance. For Sun channel partners, Novell PartnerNet offers profit incentives such as automatic Gold Partner membership status and support programs for migration to Novell solutions.
- 5 Steps to Manage An Efficient Innovation Program
- How AWS Is Driving India's Cloud Growth Story
- Behavioural Economics Optimizing Employee Engagement
- When Securing Customer Loyalty Becomes Critical
- Quality Assurance In Multi-Channel Banking Era
- 10 Signs Your Analytics Program Will Fail
- Adidas India Redefines Customer Experience with Oracle Cloud
- From Good to Great Customer Touchpoints
- The Three Pitfalls Of HR Analytics
- Autonomous Database: Next Big Thing In The Indian Market