Novell Promises Smooth Linux Transition To Netware Users
Onward Novell recently launched Novell Open Enterprise Server (OES) — its next generation networking suite, and Novell Linux Desktop 9 in India.
Novell Open Enterprise Server is a suite of services that combines NetWare and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server to deliver file, print, management, collaboration and application services. OES incorporates features from commercial and open source networking platforms along with integrated management tools, identity-based services and Novell s global support ecosystem to meet enterprise-class computing needs.
Novell OES includes a suite of networking services like directory, identity management, file, print and provisioning services that can be deployed on either NetWare or Linux. In addition, it provides uniform, integrated management tools via Novell iManager to install, configure, support, monitor and manage their network infrastructure, regardless of the mix of NetWare or Linux servers.
Using Novell Storage Services, the server can support large-scale distributed file access with security and access-control flexibility while with Cluster Services it seeks to enhance scalability and failover. Novell Cluster Services also allow customers to create a clustered mix of NetWare and Linux servers with adequate interoperability and service failover between these platforms.
Novell Linux Desktop 9, powered by SUSE Linux, includes OpenOffice.org, Firefox, Evolution and a host of other productivity tools. Novell believes that NLD 9 will result in considerable savings since the productivity applications come bundled with the operating system. The desktop also supports integration with Novell ZENworks, allowing administrators to manage Linux desktops from a central location
Stressing the need for affordable solutions in India, Harish Mehta, Managing Director, Onward Novell said, “Affordable computing solutions can play a significant role in making Indian businesses more competitive in today’s complex and challenging business environment.”
- BSNL Teams Up With Unlimit To Offer IoT Services To Enterprise
- AR-VR To Become Enterprise Reality In 3-4 Years: Study
- Gartner Identifies 7 Technologies For The Digital Workplace
- SUSE Builds Momentum With New Offerings, Market Expansion
- How Collaboration Tools Can Boost Enterprise Engagement
- Voice Biometrics To Offer New, Exciting Opportunities To Enterprise
- How To Involve Stakeholders In Selecting Enterprise Software
- C-Suite Lessons: How To Secure Enterprise Network
- How Cisco Is Speeding Up Network Innovation
- Five Roadblocks In Enterprise Security Automation