Now access Facebook through Yahoo!
To bring the social experiences from across the Web to its users, Yahoo! has partnered with Facebook. This enables users of both Yahoo! and Facebook to view and share updates with friends across both networks. People who connect their accounts can consume their Facebook News Feed on the Yahoo! homepage and in Yahoo! Mail and other Yahoo! sites and services. Additionally, people who create and share content on Yahoo! sites - including Yahoo! News, Yahoo! Sports, Flickr, and many Yahoo! entertainment sites, such as omg, Yahoo! TV, and Yahoo! Movies - can easily share their actions with friends back on Facebook. Additional integrations will be ongoing.
"Starting with Facebook, we are bringing all of these elements together to give people one simple, trusted place to share information and connect. We think this offers great benefit to people across the web, and it’s key to helping Yahoo!! extend our reach and increase engagement," said Cody Simms, senior director of Social Platforms and Yahoo! Developer Network (YDN) at Yahoo!!.
Yahoo! has also made its privacy settings easier to use by providing users a central dashboard to manage what they share on Yahoo! from the external social accounts and apps that they have linked to Yahoo!, starting with Facebook and with others to come later this year.
"By integrating with Facebook on a global scale, Yahoo!! is building upon an already valuable brand to give people easy ways to share the content they enjoy on Yahoo!! with their friends on Facebook," said Ethan Beard, director of Facebook Developer Network.
- Why Cloud Adopters Need Visibility Into Their Network
- Do Customers Trust Brand Sites More Than Social Media?
- 70% Consumers Stop Following A Business After Data Breach: Study
- Nokia Expands Bengaluru R&D Center To Focus On 5G
- How E-Commerce Can Deliver Exceptional Experiences
- Microsoft India Cybersecurity Center Aids 126 Organizations
- HFCL Gets A Deal Of Rs 128 Cr From BSNL
- Facebook’s Messenger 2.2 To Woo The Enterprise
- SDN-NFV: The Game Changers In Indian Telecom sector
- Big Data Analytics Firm Dataiku Expands Into Asia Pacific