NPOs can get free access to Microsoft Office 2010
Nasscom Foundation, as part of its BiGTech program, has announced the availability of Microsoft Office 2010 — free of cost — for non-profits. The BiGTech program is a philanthropy initiative that provides technology to non-profits in India. The program is a result of a partnership with TechSoup Global, USA.
Rufina Fernandes, CEO, Nasscom Foundation said, "By encouraging non-profits to acquire the software through BiGTech, we are reducing piracy and ensuring that they increase their efficiency and effectiveness.”
Through this program, non-profit organizations can receive new software and services free. The BiGTech program has five donors, namely, Microsoft, Eagle Conferencing, Bytes of Learning, Busy Infotech and Quick Heal (anti-virus). According to Nasscom Foundation, BiGTech has approximately over 880 NGOs registered from across the country and has made available over Rs. 6 crores worth of software donations. Software donations include Microsoft Office 2003 and Office 2007.
"In India today, there is a need for utilizing technology at the grassroots, and we are glad to be able to play a part in enabling this. Making our software available in association with TechSoup Global and NASSCOM Foundation is a step towards reaching out to communities under-served by technology," said Ravi Venkatesan, Chairman, Microsoft India.
NGOs can avail donations by registering at www.BiGTech.in for free. Nasscom Foundation is the social development arm of NASSCOM. It works towards stimulating the corporate social responsibility (CSR) space for the IT-BPO industry in India.
- Robosoft Technologies Appoints Ravi Teja As New CEO
- Nissan Motor Appoints Anthony Thomas As Global CIO
- How AI Is Fueling Customer Experience Strategies
- How Option3 Is Creating a Winning Strategy For Its Startup Biz
- SAP Leonardo To Help Indian Firms With Digital Transformation
- 5 Best Ways to Use Collaboration Tools for Quick Growth
- How IoT Impacts The Supply Chain In Flex
- Blockchain, Distributed Ledgers Will Take Time To Mature: Gartner
- Govts Exploring Blockchain To Boost Fintech Innovation
- Microsoft Gears Up For Quantum Computing Ecosystem