NSE shifts to Cisco's intelligent network platform
Cisco has announced an extensive deployment of its next-generation network architecture at the National Stock Exchange of India (NSE), the country’s largest stock exchange in terms of daily turnover and number of trades. The comprehensive solution comprises Cisco’s routing, switching, security and core technologies designed to help ensure high network availability, boost network security and expand NSE’s reach in India.
"Our decision to shift to Cisco’s trusted Intelligent Network platform was primarily driven by the need for a highly secure, resilient and collaborative network infrastructure. With this relationship, we will be able to efficiently support the needs of our investors and accelerate our business growth," said Ravi Apte, CTO, NSE.
As part of this deployment, Cisco will provide high-level design and installation of a complex, three-tier network architecture with Cisco 7600 series routers, Cisco integrated services routers and Cisco Catalyst 6500 series switches with Cisco firewall and intrusion prevention system modules. The system is designed to provide enhanced security, intelligent load balancing for business continuity, better collaboration and integration across 3,000 NSE member locations.
"We adopted an architectural approach to design a platform that would address key business imperatives and technology challenges outlined by NSE. Working jointly with NSE, we created a unique "build, own, operate" model that will help NSE focus on its core competencies and be able to embrace the best practices provided by Cisco," said Anil Bhasin, SVP, West for Cisco India.
- Altaf Halde Steps Down; Kaspersky Lab Appoints New GM
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Robosoft Technologies Appoints Ravi Teja As New CEO
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Facebook India MD Umang Bedi Resigns
- AMD Plans Expansion In India, To Hire 500 Engineers: Report
- How Option3 Is Creating a Winning Strategy For Its Startup Biz
- Keysight Gears Up For 5G, High-Speed Datacenters In India