Obopay elevates Deepak Chandnani to President
Obopay has appointed Deepak Chandnani as president of the company with immediate effect. In this new role, Chandnani, to be based out of Obopay’s corporate office in Mumbai, will lead global operations for Obopay across all markets and geographies. He will continue to report to Carol Realini, Obopay’s founder and CEO who is based out of Redwood City, CA
Chandnani initially joined Obopay in November of 2008 with responsibility for operations in India, Africa and Asia. Last year, he also assumed oversight for the company’s global Sales, Marketing and Business Development activities. This role provided him insight into the company’s global operations, and an understanding of the expectations of Obopay’s partners and customers.
"Chandnani’s broad and diverse background compliments his general management experiences and makes him uniquely qualified for his new role. I am pleased that Obopay has someone of his caliber in this leadership position," said Realini.
"I look forward to meeting the exciting task of building on Obopay’s market leadership through accelerated growth worldwide, working with an excellent team to take advantage of the huge opportunity in the mobile payments space and meeting the needs of our partners and customers," said Chandnani, an economics honors graduate from St Stephens College, Delhi, and a MBA from the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIM- A).
Prior to joining Obopay, Chandnani was the CEO of Wire and Wireless in India and before that served as the Managing Director for NCR in India. Earlier assignments included roles with Yahoo, Citibank and HLL.
- 70% Indian Firms To Deploy AI By 2020: Intel
- India Launches Blockchain Foundation To Accelerate Growth
- Artificial Intelligence Transforming India's Education Sector
- Cyber Security Jobs At Premium As India Goes Digital
- What Makes Samsung Bullish On India Market?
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- RBI Reiterates Its Warning On Bitcoins
- Technology Plays A Vital Role In Empowering The Workforce
- Xiaomi To Make Fresh Investments, Set Up More Plants In India
- Customer-Facing Web, Mobile Apps Pose Highest Security Risk: Study