Obopay wins Asian Banker ‘Technology Implementation’ award 2011
Obopay, a mobile banking and payment providers, has been awarded ‘Asian Banker Technology Implementation Award’ for its work in India. Obopay, along with Yes Bank, was conferred with the award under the ‘Best Multi-channel Capability Project’ category, which was Deepak Chandnani, CEO, Obopay.
Thanking Yes Bank for their support, Chandnani said that “Without opportunities from partners like Yes Bank it would be difficult for us to implement these complex and prestigious projects”. He further added that, “Our goal is to continue to develop newer mobile payment products that can be implemented by financial institutions in India and around the globe. In many respects, our work here has just begun because the task is so large. It is my hope that we will continue to win more recognitions as we achieve the larger goal of serving our partners and their customers.”
The Asian Banker Technology Implementation Awards is a program designed to determine and award the best practices of technological innovation in banking operations in Asia. Submissions were made jointly by banks in the APAC region and their IT partners, as it is necessary for a thorough evaluation to understand the views of both partners. The evaluation criteria were rigorous and the final selection was made by a panel of industry experts, informed the company.
Obopay has rolled out its mobile payment services in India and the service is live in Pune, Chandigarh and Nasik in partnership with Yes Bank and Nokia. The company recently partnered with Union Bank of India to launch mobile financial services across India along with Nokia and the service is currently live in the NCR – New Delhi and the neighboring satellite cities like Faridabad, Gurgaon, Ghaziabad and Noida. Obopay’s open interoperable and scalable platform makes it easy for service providers and banks to integrate into their systems without integration issues.
- Accenture, Israel Consulate And Nasscom launch 'scalerator'
- Why Blockchain Experts Should Rethink Cybersecurity
- Do Indian Techies Stand Exposed To The Current Tech Evolution?
- Indus OS To Become Default Platform For Internet Content: CTO
- Embrace And Adapt, The New Mantra For Digital Enterprises
- 5 Steps to Manage An Efficient Innovation Program
- Infosys' Nitesh Banga Joins GlobalLogic As COO
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- Truecaller Acquires Indian Firm Chillr; Launches Truecaller Pay 2.0
- India's Mobile Data Traffic To Grow 5x By 2023: Report