Office 2003 Now In Kannada
Microsoft Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., announced today the availability of a Kannada language interface pack (LIP) for Microsoft Office 2003.
The initiative is part of Microsoft’s Project Bhasha wherein the software giant will provide Indian Language interfaces for Windows and Office in 14 Indian languages.
The Kannada language interface supplements the complete Kannada language functionality that Office 2003 provides. The interface is replete with all the Office 2003 features and functionalities like sorting and charts in Excel, e-mails in outlook, advanced word processing, etc.
Commenting on the launch, Dharam Singh, chief minister of Karnataka said, ” We are confident that this will be an important step towards delivering effective localized e-governance solutions in the local language of our people.”
Microsoft has already released fully localized Office in Hindi and Hindi LIP for Windows XP in February 2004.
Project Bhasha launched in September 2003 is a comprehensive program focused on localizing (provide local interfaces) for Microsoft’ flagship desktop offerings Windows and Office in 14 Indian languages.
The interface pack can be downloaded at no additional cost from here
- 5 Reasons For Cos To Use Business Centres For Office Spaces
- 5 Specs Of A Futuristic Office Space
- Office Automation Is The New Smart Investment
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (July 17-21)
- Leased Office Space Is The New Norm In Indian IT
- Software Robots To Become A New Normal In The Workplace
- 9 Reasons D&O Insurance Is Must For Organizations
- Microsoft Opens Up To Join Linux Foundation
- How Digital Business Is Changing CIO's Role
- Can Microsoft Win The Cloud Battle In India?