Omne Wins Mega Govt Order for Online Energy Audit
Omne Agate Systems, a Chennai-headquartered technology solution provider focusing on online energy management solutions, said it has been chosen by Uttar Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam Limited (UHBVN) to implement India’s first GPRS-based Metering System to conduct online energy audits for 19,000 distribution transformers for the next three years.
This contract is in compliance with the Rs. 55,000-crore Restructured Accelerated Power Development and Reforms Programme (R-APDRP) of the Ministry of Power. The project is a Government of India initiative for reduction of AT&C losses through automated processes.
Distribution transformer metering and automated meter reading (AMR) are the primary steps towards reduction of AT&C losses, and use of GPRS technology is the latest advancement in the metering domain, the company said in a release.
Commenting on the contract, KR Ilanghovan, managing director, Omne Agate Systems, said, over the last decade, the company has built a strong customer base among electricity boards across the country and have emerged as a market leader in the AMR space.
"GPRS-enabled metering is a revolution in the AMR space and a timely technology solution to address India’s power deficit issue. We are proud to be the pioneers in the building and implementation of this technology. In the forthcoming financial year, we will look at growing our footprint in the private sector," he added.
Benefits of a GPRS-enabled meter are:
Real-time and dynamic data collection
Continuous recording and monitoring of consumption, load survey and power quality
Multiple meter data management
Enables applications such as: online billing, utility operations, emergency demand response, consumer options, pricing options, energy audit, and energy accounting.
- Tips To Transform Your Business With Cloud Migration
- Why Enterprises Need To Automate Security Systems
- Why Artificial Intelligence Is Poised To Disrupt E-Commerce
- Cloud Momentum Consistently Up Across Financial Biz Apps
- Artificial Intelligence Is Changing The Farms of the Future
- Cloud Computing Can Protect Firms Against Cyber Threats: Experts
- Using Inventory Management To Minimize Food Wastage
- The Speedy Journey To A Mobile Enterprise
- Evolving Cyber Threats, Be Responsive To Defend
- GST: Security Issues Plaguing India's Latest Tax Reform