OpenX and Microsoft Announce Partnership
OpenX Technologies Inc. (OpenX), an independent ad server for Web publishers, has announced its partnership with Microsoft Corp. that will allow the companies to cross-market and promote products to their respective publisher bases.
Under terms of the multiyear agreement, OpenX becomes a preferred partner to publishers for enterprise ad serving solutions. In addition, OpenX will promote Microsoft’s Content Ads monetization products - as well as other products that may be developed in the future - to its existing base of Web publisher customers.
OpenX and Microsoft will each enjoy significant benefits from the partnership, says Microsoft. Most notably, Microsoft will have a major distribution channel for its monetization products through OpenX’s community of more than 150,000 Web sites that serve more than 300 billion ads per month. OpenX will, in turn, gain access to a new base of potential customers - via referrals from Microsoft - for its enterprise advertising technology and services.
The Content Ads component of the agreement follows a successful trial Microsoft and OpenX began in August 2008, says the company, during which OpenX provided invitations to its publishers to test the product. Content Ads matches ads to relevant editorial content, allowing advertisers to increase campaign effectiveness, which can allow publishers to achieve a higher yield on certain types of inventory.
As part of the agreement, OpenX will promote Content Ads in two ways. First, OpenX will integrate Content Ads so that it can be used by publishers who sign up for OpenX Market to better monetize their pages. The company will also plans to build a plug-in to OpenX Ad Server so existing publisher customers can more easily sign up for Content Ads and implement it on their Web site(s).
- Microsoft Brings AI Powered Update To Bing
- How Digital Tech Is Changing Customer Experience
- SpiderOak CEO Warns Of 10 Cybersecurity Threats For 2018
- Technology Plays A Vital Role In Empowering The Workforce
- Dentistry And Its Glorious Digital Future
- Stratus Unveils Edge Computing Strategy
- GES '17: Ivanka Trump’s Focus On Tech Is Not Misplaced
- 5 Ways Data Will Get Faster, Smarter: NetApp CTO
- The Age of Cognition Is Coming
- Microsoft India Cybersecurity Center Aids 126 Organizations