Opera acquires Web e-mail provider FastMail.fm
Opera Software today announced that it has acquired Web-based e-mail provider FastMail.fm. The acquisition will enable Opera to expand its current messaging product portfolio and deliver cross-platform messaging to a wide range of devices, including computers, mobile phones, TVs and gaming consoles.
"The newest generation of Web users will discover the Web through a mobile device. Having world-class messaging capability alongside a rich and compelling Web experience is essential. By combining forces, Opera and FastMail.fm can offer messaging on any device. This will enhance the value Opera provides to consumers, while assisting our operator partners in reducing customer churn," said Rolf Assev, Chief Strategy Officer, Opera Software.
Headquartered in Australia, FastMail.fm has forged a reputation for responsiveness and reliability. The company already offers some of the most advanced Web-based e-mail platforms for consumers and small business customers and has been lauded for its approach to security, focus on innovation, and support for open, interoperable standards.
Following this acquisition, Opera will be able to offer a consistent e-mail experience across all products. Opera currently has more than 50 million users of its desktop browser and more than 55 million users of Opera Mini, a mobile Web browser that works on almost all handsets available today.
- India Tops Data Literacy And Awareness In APAC: Report
- Hamburg Startup Employland Helps Indian CXOs Find Job In Germany
- Ramco Systems Secures $2.5 Mn Cloud Deal From Allegis Group
- Android Finally Ousts iOS In Mobile Ad Dominance War
- Global Tablet Sales To Slow Down This Year
- Cognizant Acquires Odecee, a Digital Solutions Company in Australia
- Wipro Bags 10-Year Outsourcing Deal With Canada's ATCO
- Cost Benefits, Flexibility Drive UCaaS Market In APeJ
- The Gadget Cassandra – A Contrarian View
- APEJ Healthcare Sector Upbeat On IT Spending