Optus to build next-generation core ahead of 4G mobile roll out plans
Juniper Networks today announced that Optus has selected the Juniper Networks PTX5000 Packet Transport Switch as the foundation of its next-generation converged core network. A member of the SingTel Group, Optus is telecommunications carrier in Australia, providing the government, business and residential markets with a broad range of wireline and mobile network services.
The PTX platform is a combination of Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) with switching and integrated optics that will help Optus manage cost and scale its core network to accommodate data growth as Optus rolls out its new 4G LTE mobile network.
“We selected Juniper Networks PTX Series Packet Transport Switch as it provides the density required to support our growth plans. The optimized nature of the PTX platform will also help us manage our cost base as we grow our network, while the power efficiency of the platform will help us support growth within a manageable power environment,” said Karim Nejaim, vice president, Converged Services Engineering, Optus.
“The decision by Optus to deploy Juniper Networks PTX Packet Transport Switch platform is an important endorsement of our core network strategy. With carrier network resources under continuous pressure, the Juniper Networks PTX Series delivers industry-defining standards of scale, reliability and automation in the supercore, but with optimized power and space consumption and lower total cost-of-ownership,” said Mike Marcellin, senior vice president, strategy and marketing, Platform and Systems Division, Juniper Networks.
- Password Protected Wi-Fi Is Also Prone To Hacks: Study
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Nissan Motor Appoints Anthony Thomas As Global CIO
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Content Strategy Strongly Impacts IT Sales
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- By 2020, Half Of Content Viewing Will Be Mobile: Study
- Perks@Croma: An Experiment In Buzz Marketing