Oracle CRM On Demand release 17 unveiled
Oracle has released Oracle CRM On Demand Release 17, which features new forecasting capabilities. These include flexible fiscal calendars for more productive business operations, the ability to perform both revenue and product quantity forecasting, and real-time information comparisons against current and historical forecasts for proactive pipeline management.
"The new Oracle CRM On Demand Release 17 will help customers gain more actionable insight, increase sales productivity and achieve cost-savings, and showcases how Oracle solves organizations’ essential requirements to advance business opportunities and results." said Charles Phillips, president, Oracle.
To increase sales productivity, the application introduces usability enhancements and a newly redesigned user interface that enables sales teams to resize it to their preference, quickly navigate to relevant information with the new Head-Up Display, better manage lists, and customize field labels in Oracle Mobile Sales Assistant. It also maximizes pipeline management with automated time-based workflows to manage sales, marketing, service and channels, while enabling accelerated time-to-value and accurate and timely updates.
- Simeio Gains Talent Insight, Improves Retention With Oracle
- Adidas India Redefines Customer Experience with Oracle Cloud
- The Three Pitfalls Of HR Analytics
- Autonomous Database: Next Big Thing In The Indian Market
- Four Reasons For Indian Enterprises To Move To SIP
- Oracle's Thomas Kurian Outlines Future Of Enterprise Cloud
- IaaS Helps Indian Cos Boost, Performance, Innovation
- Oracle Announces New Cloud Programs For The Enterprise
- Oracle, Spectrum7 Technologies Conduct CIO Meets
- Modern Cloud Infrastructure Is A Key Growth Enabler