Oracle Unveils Management Soln for Linux Users
Oracle has introduced its Management Pack for Linux, the solution for its Unbreakable Linux users. It provides customers with comprehensive Linux server lifecycle management, helping to reduce the complexity and cost of managing their Linux operating system environments.
The new program offers system and application administrators the tools for provisioning, patching, monitoring and administering Linux servers independently or in the context of their application environments.
Unlike other Linux management offerings that require the purchase and integration of multiple tools, Oracle Unbreakable Linux customers can manage their Linux servers and the applications and databases they host using a single, integrated solution. The integrated capabilities provide users with a complete view of their Linux environments, enabling increased operational efficiency and reduced downtime and associated costs. Specifically, the Oracle Management Pack for Linux delivers:
* Linux Provisioning - Automated bare metal and delta provisioning using a centralized Software Library;
* Linux Operating System Patching - Lights-out and ad hoc patching of Linux systems integrated with the Oracle Unbreakable Linux Network;
* Server Configuration Management - Collect and search configuration information, compare for hardware, OS and package differences;
* Configuration Policy Compliance Management - Proactive notification and remediation recommendations for policy-based configuration violations;
* Server Monitoring - Out-of-box, real-time and historical fault and performance monitoring, including: alert generation and notifications, automated response actions, and planned outages;
* Server Administration - Centralized Linux server administration for functions critical to managing Linux application and database environments, including system services and network setup;
* Centralized OS Job Management - Capabilities to define and schedule OS jobs centrally to execute on individual servers or across multiple servers.
* Manage Many-As-One - Provision, patch, configure and monitor many systems as a group, permitting “lights-out” automation and real-time management of large numbers of servers; retention of historical data permits group trend analysis and reporting.
With Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g Systems functionality, a group of Linux servers can be combined into a single, specialized group with other application service components to permit holistic performance and health monitoring, including automated root-cause analysis, at the application service level.
The Oracle Management Pack for Linux is currently available and can be downloaded from Oracle Technology Network.
- Simeio Gains Talent Insight, Improves Retention With Oracle
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate
- Public WiFi To Connect India's 40 mn New Users To Internet: Study
- How To Maximize Space In Your Data Center
- Taming The 3 Dragons of Network Monitoring
- E-Waste Management Can Redefine Urban Mining
- Indus OS To Become Default Platform For Internet Content
- 5 Steps to Manage An Efficient Innovation Program
- Infosys' Nitesh Banga Joins GlobalLogic As COO
- Truecaller Acquires Indian Firm Chillr; Launches Truecaller Pay 2.0