Orange appoints Bala Mahadevan as India CEO
Orange Business Services, the enterprise communications arm of France Telecom, has appointed Bala Mahadevan as its Chief Executive Officer in India. In this role Mahadevan will be responsible for driving business growth for the company in India in the network, network related services and IT services domains.
During the last few years Orange Business Services has significantly increased its presence in India. After the acquisition of the Managed and Enterprise Services divisions of GTL in 2007, the company received the International and National Long distance license in India. The company’s network covers all key business centers across the country with 10 points of presence in Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi, Gurgaon, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Pune.
Commenting on the announcement, Yee-May Leong, SVP, Orange Business Services, Asia Pacific, said: "I am pleased to announce Bala Mahadevan’s appointment as the head of India operations. India is a key part of our global growth map and Bala’s appointment will further strengthen our leadership in the country."
Bala Mahadevan, CEO, Orange Business Services, India, said: "I am delighted to accept this position and to be a part of Orange Business Services. I look forward to driving business growth in India and providing innovative and adaptive solutions for our multinational and Indian customers."
With more than 25 years of experience, Mahadevan is an accomplished leader with strong and varied experience in the IT services industry across service lines, verticals, and geographies. Prior to joining Orange Business Services, Mahadevan was the India president and managing director for Computer Sciences Corporation, India. Previously, he held leadership positions with HP, Covansys Corporation, Indigo Technologies and Tata Consultancy Services.
- 3 Indian Brands that Know How To Use Humour on Twitter
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- TRAI's Decision Disappoint Airtel, Vodafone
- How Mumbai Police Found Its Twitter Success Formula
- Smart India Stack Can Slash Operational Costs Upto 70 pc
- Role Of Privacy In A Digital World
- Using Big Data To Solve Telcos' Frauds, Revenue leakage
- IT Firm Synechron To Hire About 1500 Staff
- ACT To Invest 700 Cr In Wireline Broadband Expansion
- S&P Global Partners NDE For New Global Talent Center