Orascom Telecom signs up to Link2One roaming hub
A multilateral roaming hub provider, Link2One, has signed an agreement with Orascom Telecom (OTH), diversified mobile network operators in the Middle East, Africa and Asia, to provide it access to its roaming hub. The agreement has grown Link2One’s membership to more than 220 networks in 80 countries.
“With the Link2One roaming hub, the process of managing our roaming relationships and operating our roaming business is greatly simplified, allowing us to expand our coverage more rapidly and focus on getting new services to market faster,” remarked Khaled Bichara, Group CEO, Orascom Telecom.
The deal sees the telecom company minimise the need for costly and time consuming bilateral roaming agreements with a number of service providers, instead leveraging the Link2One Hub framework of multilateral roaming agreements for data, prepaid, voice and 3G services. Link2One informed its hub also provides access to a single financial and clearing settlement pool with integrated payments, reducing the operator’s need for associated manpower and funding.
“This deal allows Orascom Telecom to quickly and efficiently expand, and at the same time increases the value proposition for other Link2One hub customers who will now be able to move into, and provide access across the MEA region,” remarked Ralf Weigand, GM, Link2One.
The management and expansion of roaming services and relationships can be costly and time consuming – a situation set to become increasingly complex with the additional challenge of providing maximum roaming coverage for voice services, CAMEL, GPRS and 3G. Access to a multilateral roaming hub, such as that provided by Link2One, which unlike competing roaming hubs also comes with integrated financial reconciliation, provides a cost effective and simple solution to these growing challenges for mobile operators.
- How DTDC Uses Cloud To Offer 50pc Faster Resolution Of Service Cases
- Digital Tech Creating Enhanced Experiences In The Air
- LAVA Appoints Sunil Raina As President, Business Head
- Ransomware Against IoT, Mobile On The Rise: SonicWall
- Blockchain Can Radically Transform Digital Marketing
- 5 Ways CRM Can Power Hospitality Sector
- Helping You Escape Competition With UPI Payments
- E-Tailers Should Embrace “Mobile-First” Mindset To Succeed
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- IoT Knowledge Gaps Exist In Consumer Product Industry