Orissa Selects Partner for SWAN Project
The government of Orissa is planning a State Wide Area Network (SWAN) to connect over 300 districts/ talukas. To carry out this project it has selected Spanco Telesystems and Solutions.
As part of the planned National e-Governance Action Plan (NEGAP), this network will provide connectivity to government offices from the state headquarters at Mantralaya down to 30 district collector offices and 284 taluka/tehsil offices in the State of Orissa.
It would serve as the core backbone of the state for its various e-governance applications, citizenship initiatives and diverse IT activities too. The SWAN project aims at providing a reliable, integrated and robust telecommunications infrastructure catering to high speed and high capacity delivery of voice, data and video transmissions. This will improve the service delivery and response time to the citizens of Orissa enabling quick access to information.
It will enable citizens to make various forms of payments and obtain facilities information as well as B2C (business-to-consumer) services from a single location using state-of-the-art technologies.
The implementation and operation of this network will warrant deployment of over 200 people, most of whom will be locally sourced.
The project is valued at Rs. 70 crore and will be conducted in tandem between Spanco and ITI. The two will build own and operate this network, before transferring it to the State at the end of five years.
Pradipta Kumar Mohapatra, IT commissioner/secretary for Government of Orissa said, “Our government is deeply committed to building a robust IT infrastructure in the State, to introduce diverse e governance initiatives and empower the common people of Orissa. We are confident that we can yield quantum benefits by further strengthening existing networks and systems across the state and enable the people of Orissa to become tech savvy and part of the technology mainstream.”
Third Party Audit for Tripura SWANs
- Keysight Gears Up For 5G, High-Speed Datacenters In India
- Fintech Revolution: How India, APAC Cos Are Moving Ahead
- Cloud Momentum Consistently Up Across Financial Biz Apps
- Chatbots Will Change The Dynamics Of Recruitment
- Evolving Threat from Botnets, IoT Zombies
- Oracle, Spectrum7 Technologies Conduct CIO Meets
- Mobility Is The Future Of Banking
- Automation Is Driving Cloud Communication Startups
- PayPal To Acquire Swift Financial For Lending Biz Expansion
- What's Driving CRM Growth In India?