Over 4,000 WB Villages Networked With Dax
A village kiosk is a Common Service Centre (CSC), which acts as a a nodal point in a rural district that will serve as a delivery point of all technology-aided government services.
Commenting on the project, Subashini Prabhakar, chief technology manager, Dax Networks, said, "e-Governance is an important focus area for Dax. With its over-20-year networking experience in India and host of India-centric networking infrastructure solutions, Dax is well-equipped to network rural India. Dax has deployed a comprehensive IP-based network in Srei’s CSCs in West Bengal, enabling seamless videoconferencing and voice and data transfers."
Subhash Mohanti, vice president, Srei Infrastructure Finance, said, "Dax’s networking solutions have effectively addressed the challenges posed by rural areas. The plug-and-play design of Dax’s switches has helped ensure speedy deployment and hassle-free configuration. We look forward to partnering Dax in the next phase of the project."
Srei Sahaj e-Village intends to set up over 20,000 CSCs across the country including Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Assam, to bridge the digital divide between rural and urban India. Srei had chosen Dax Network’s products to network its CSCs in the first phase of this project.
- Challenges Of Mobile Operators In The Age Of HD
- SMB Guide To Effectively Deploy Salesforce CRM
- The Promise Of Cognitive Computing In India
- Top 10 Customer Experience Trends in 2018
- How Big Data Is Changing Banking And Finance
- Hyper-Converged Infrastructure To Accelerate IT Transformation
- Top IT Security Predictions of 2018
- 2018 Will Be The Year Of The Hybrid Cloud
- AI To Play A Decisive Role In Cyber Security
- Testing Times For Data Center Of The Future