Over 4,000 WB Villages Networked With Dax
A village kiosk is a Common Service Centre (CSC), which acts as a a nodal point in a rural district that will serve as a delivery point of all technology-aided government services.
Commenting on the project, Subashini Prabhakar, chief technology manager, Dax Networks, said, "e-Governance is an important focus area for Dax. With its over-20-year networking experience in India and host of India-centric networking infrastructure solutions, Dax is well-equipped to network rural India. Dax has deployed a comprehensive IP-based network in Srei’s CSCs in West Bengal, enabling seamless videoconferencing and voice and data transfers."
Subhash Mohanti, vice president, Srei Infrastructure Finance, said, "Dax’s networking solutions have effectively addressed the challenges posed by rural areas. The plug-and-play design of Dax’s switches has helped ensure speedy deployment and hassle-free configuration. We look forward to partnering Dax in the next phase of the project."
Srei Sahaj e-Village intends to set up over 20,000 CSCs across the country including Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Assam, to bridge the digital divide between rural and urban India. Srei had chosen Dax Network’s products to network its CSCs in the first phase of this project.
- 5 Ways To Prepare For An Effective RPA Project
- Cloud Environments Are Maturing, Yet Growing Complex
- Online Retailers Seek Inventory Accuracy To Remain Relevant: Study
- Digital Spending In Retail To Grow By $118 Bn By 2022: Zinnov
- Creating Smarter Cities With Smart Technologies
- Cloud Majors to Put More Emphasis on Edge Computing: Study
- Lack Of Integrated Tools Leads To Project Failure: Study
- Smart City Mission: Tier II-III Cities Take the Lead
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India
- Cloud In Industrial IoT To Cross USD 46K Mn By 2026: Research