Over 4,000 WB Villages Networked With Dax
A village kiosk is a Common Service Centre (CSC), which acts as a a nodal point in a rural district that will serve as a delivery point of all technology-aided government services.
Commenting on the project, Subashini Prabhakar, chief technology manager, Dax Networks, said, "e-Governance is an important focus area for Dax. With its over-20-year networking experience in India and host of India-centric networking infrastructure solutions, Dax is well-equipped to network rural India. Dax has deployed a comprehensive IP-based network in Srei’s CSCs in West Bengal, enabling seamless videoconferencing and voice and data transfers."
Subhash Mohanti, vice president, Srei Infrastructure Finance, said, "Dax’s networking solutions have effectively addressed the challenges posed by rural areas. The plug-and-play design of Dax’s switches has helped ensure speedy deployment and hassle-free configuration. We look forward to partnering Dax in the next phase of the project."
Srei Sahaj e-Village intends to set up over 20,000 CSCs across the country including Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Assam, to bridge the digital divide between rural and urban India. Srei had chosen Dax Network’s products to network its CSCs in the first phase of this project.
- Central Government Clears BharatNet For Tamil Nadu
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- Datamato Bets On AI, IoT; Focuses On Newer Markets
- Password Protected Wi-Fi Is Also Prone To Hacks: Study
- IoT Knowledge Gaps Exist In Consumer Product Industry
- Why Companies Need To Invest In Chief AI Officer
- Tech Mahindra Slams Petition Against RCOM Over Dues
- Blockchain, Distributed Ledgers Will Take Time To Mature: Gartner
- How UP Dial 100 Is Changing the Way Police Do Business
- IaaS Helps Indian Cos Boost, Performance, Innovation