Parag Patankar to Head 3i Infotech BPO
3i Infotech, a global technology solutions and services provider, announced the appointment of Parag Patankar as managing director and CEO for 3i Infotech BPO.
Patankar joins 3i Infotech from Development Credit Bank Limited where he was executive vice president and chief operations & technology officer.
Commenting on the appointment, V Srinivasan, MD & CEO, 3i Infotech, said Patankar’s deep knowledge of BFSI industry, coupled with his long experience in technology and operations relating to BFSI, will be able to add immense value to 3i Infotech BPO.
Underlining the recent consolidation of the company’s BPO units in India under the 3i Infotech BPO brand, Anirudh Prabhakaran, executive director & president-South Asia, 3i Infotech said, "Having the benefit of Patankar s rich experience in successfully driving business growth will help us further improve our competitive advantage in this field and optimize our business performance."
In his earlier assignments, Patankar was part of the core team that set up the Retail Financial Services business of ICICI Bank in 1997 and 3i Infotech (formerly ICICI Infotech) in 1999. He also co-founded Apnaloan in 2000, a technology-enabled vendor neutral distributor of financial services and served as its director, CIO and business head till 2005.
Commenting on his new role, Patankar said, "I am delighted to join 3i Infotech and take up this new role as the company gears up to aligning its BPO thrust with its extensive range of software products and IPRs and grows into a leading player in the market."
According to the IDC report (2009), India s domestic business process outsourcing market is set to touch $6.82 billion (around Rs 31,700 crore) by 2013.
- Leaders Should Optimize IT I&O For Digital Business
- AI, Voice To Disrupt Travel Market
- Indian Businesses Lack Confidence In Digital Transformation Capabilities
- Collaboration Is Powering Modern Enterprise, Government
- Autonomous Database: Next Big Thing In The Indian Market
- How Businesses Can Ensure A Smooth Transition To GST
- Evry Is Bullish On Indian Talent Pool
- Firms Clueless On Data Recovery When Disaster Strikes: Study
- Xerox Is Securing The Future Of Work
- Four Reasons For Indian Enterprises To Move To SIP