Parallels Desktop 4 Now Supports Windows and Linux
Parallels, a company known for its virtualization and automation software, has launched a new desktop solution for Windows and Linux. Parallels Desktop 4 for Windows and Linux can be installed on top of a Windows or Linux host operating system (OS). Now users can run any combination of Windows and Linux virtual machines at the same time on one PC.
This is claimed to be a complete, affordable solution that is supported with integrated tools and applications that can be easily managed by corporate IT teams, power users, testers and developers.
With the proliferation of desktop virtualization in enterprises, virtual machines can now be deployed quickly and freely between different platforms. According to the company, Parallels Desktop 4 for Windows and Linux is a well-supported, high performing solution that can make PC virtualization affordable and accessible. The solution enables users to run multiple operating systems simultaneously, allowing professionals like developers to demo software to customers, create sandboxes for testing and avoid compatibility conflicts.
Just like any other virtualization platform, Parallels Desktop 4 for Windows and Linux will help to cut the cost of purchasing new hardware. The new solution supports both Intel VT-x (including EPT, Flex Priority, VPIDs) and AMD-V virtualization technologies. The new virtualization product is based on the Parallels FastLane architecture and designed to run virtualized 32- and 64-bit operating systems. Parallels Desktop 4 for Windows and Linux also supports up to eight virtual CPUs and 8 GB of virtual RAM.
The solution includes a configuration and management Graphical User Interface (GUI) that simplifies the process of creating new Virtual Machines (VMs). It also includes technologies such as Coherence and SmartX tools, including USB compatibility.
Easy-to-use migration tools like Parallels Transporter have also been integrated into the new solution. Additional applications Parallels Tools, Parallels Compressor and Parallels Image Tool.
Parallels Desktop 4 for Windows and Linux is already available in English at www.parallels.com or via channel partners.
- Computex 2018, Smart Asia Trade Expo To Focus On AI, IoT
- Citizen Engagement Is Critical To Smart Cities' Success: Gartner
- AMD Plans Expansion In India, To Hire 500 Engineers: Report
- Blockchain, Distributed Ledgers Will Take Time To Mature: Gartner
- Education IT Spending In APAC To Cross $11.8 Bn By 2020
- Network Visibility: How To Diffuse The IT Blame Game
- The Future Of Banking Is Paperless, Say Experts
- Hybrid Cloud In The Era Of Hyper Conversion
- APAC To Lead In Cloud, IoT Adoption: Trend Micro EVP
- How CXOs Can Be Safe When Using Wi-Fi At Public Places